Introduce yourself and your dog(s) you walk here

Options
13»

Replies

• dhconsford
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Denise and I walk with Nyx ( my border collie. She is 9) usually. Sometimes I bring my daughters dog, Rizzo, ( an 12 year old Jack Russel Terrier. ) I also have another Border Collie, but he is very strong and does not care much for other dogs. So, I am trying to get my dear husband to walk him. His name is Blinkx. I just started walking in late Jan. and now that the weather is warmer I have started going out and walking the her instead of walking myself on the treadmill. So, we walk outside on my 2 days off every week. They have a nice fenced yard to play in while we are gone to work all day. Thank goodness. I would like to get up earlier and walk her more, as it is a much nicer walk for me as well. That is one of my goals. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you and some future challenges.
  • Smurfette1987
    Smurfette1987 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Charlie and my little walking buddy is a staffordshire bull terrier x american bulldog (we think) called Ruby. She is a rescue from Battersea dogs home in London (a good freind of mine drove for 12 hours+ to get her because I fell in love with her) she was terrified of EVERYTHING but she is really coming out of her shell now. She really inspires me to just bite the bullet and do things that are tough, because she does them every day. In summer we walk/trek/scramble around the Welsh hills for about 2hrs a day, but now there is less light we usually get at least an hour in. I wish it kept me in as good shape as it does her!
    When I visit my Mum's we are also joined by my 12 yr old chihuahua (he gets carried alot because he's almost completely blind now) my Mum's cavelier king charles or I go running with my sisters' border terrier (Ruby runs veeerrry reluctantly, so she stays and looks after the chihuahua). I really want another chi to do mini agility, and one day I'm going to rescue an army of waifs and strays. Any dog lovers and walkers feel free to add me :)
  • Allegra_Williams
    Options
    My name is Allegra, and my dog is a 2.5 year old Shiba Inu named Gila Monster. In the summer we both hike and bike together.

397669_10152409683260581_1067685999_n.jpg
  • acaj13
    Options
    Hi My name is Carol and I have a 5 year old black labrador called Murphy. We walk every school day with some friends around our local woods, this last year it has been so muddy I now log it as hiking. We walk about 2.5 miles in the morning and then after dinner we walk with my husband for another mile. Murphy loves being out and about. He doesn't like to be left at home if I go out. I am new to this site but walking the dog is really the only exercise I do. I sit at a pc most of the day. Oh and used to snack all the time.

Sadly last week Murphy refused to get up to go for a walk and after a rushed trip to the vets we found he has a hairline fracture of his pelvis. Not sure how he did this (as we walked in fields that day) which is a worry but not being able to walk him is taking its toll. I have started to walk locally just to do some exercise each day. Hopefully Murphy will be fighting fit very soon as I've lost 7 lbs since xmas and I don't want to start putting it back on. I feel so much better slightly thinner!