Welcome!

Options
carolina_r
carolina_r Posts: 359 Member
Hello ladies and welcome to the newly created "Post-Partum Pack" group forum!

Since we already started our discussion for this week, we will finish it off there:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/388114-post-partum-pack-november-8

Next week's discussion will be posted here.

Have a great week!
carolina

Replies

• mrsyam
    mrsyam Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi.

I'm new here. :)

Here's a little about myself:

I'm Amy, 29, from Pittsburgh, PA. I have 2 little girls. Olivia is 3 (on December 8th) and Alexandria is 10 months. I wanted to join this group so I can talk to other mommas who are losing the PP weight. I never lost what I gained with Olivia, so here I am. I want to get back to my wedding day weight of 150lbs. My highest ever was 211lbs at the time of birth with my first.

Hope to gain some good support from this group. Thanks!
  • carolina_r
    Options
    Great to have you in the group, mrsyam!!!
  • SmangeDiggs
    SmangeDiggs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Wohoo a group...i kept forgetting to search the forums every week.
    Im ange mum from new zealand, mum to a 6yr old girl and 18week old boy. Im recently back at work fulltime and am planning my wedding for feb. Love this group its fabulous!
  • carolina_r
    Options
    SmangeDiggs - I hope this new "group" feature on MFP will make it easier for the group to stay connected!! Glad to have you back!

I am excited to see a number of new members joining us - a special welcome to all of you! If you are new to the group, feel free to introduce yourself (either on this thread, or you can follow the link at the start of this thread to join in on this week's task and poll).

BTW - I wanted to add a picture to go along with this group, but as a teacher, I just CAN'T break copyright and use a photo scavenged from the internet (I spend too much time teaching my high school students not to do this...) An image is in the works - but for the time being, I have put up one of my son and I when he was 2 months old (he is now 8 months :)
  • Jaytee79
    Jaytee79 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Yay! I think I will love this new group feature!!
  • chrissypops
    chrissypops Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi! What a brilliant idea ! Im really sorry I havent been about support you wonderful ladies. at the moment I get chance to log my foods through my APP and thats about it! Hopefully that will change soon as I become less busy in the evenings, keep up the good work ladies!! <3 xxx

chrissy x
  • imolly83
    Options
    My name is Molly and I am in Dallas, Texas. My little princess just turned 1 month today and I am celebrating by started my path to weight loss! I lost some weight just by breastfeeding but now I am going to have to work off the rest. The hardest part for me is learning how to cook. If anyone has any healthy recipes that are yummy let me know!
  • carolina_r
    Options
    imolly83 - Welcome to the group!!

I am not the most confident cook (my hubby is way better...) but as the one at home, the task has fallen to me. I have found that my slow cooker has been a saviour!! Every sunday night, after the baby goes to bed, I prep a meal for the slow cooker (chop veggies, pre-saute anything that needs it, etc.). Then I just dump it all in the slow cooker, turn it on, and go to bed! By the morning, the food is ready to be packaged up for the week :) Because it cooks slowly, it is very forgiving. Here are some of the things I have tried so far...

- parmesan pork roast
    - asian sweet potato and corn stew (served on a bed of quinoa)
    - chili
    - black bean and chorizo soup

Every recipe has turned out AMAZING!!!! (Which is more than I can say for my regular attempts at cooking....:angry:) I find it very motivating when things turn out well, and I keep wanting to try more! I am getting most of my recipes from cookbooks I own, but there are tons of recipes on line.

Hope this helps!
  • Lisahorstkamp
    Lisahorstkamp Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    A group this is great! I couldn't keep track the old way
  • mcfitty85
    mcfitty85 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    HI! I have 2 boys one is 4 and one is 5months I gained an obscene amout of weight with both pregnancies. I was almost at my prepregnancy weight when I found out I was pregnant with my second. So I am working my way back to about 150lbs, currently I am sitting around 190lbs and I have already lost 60lbs :o Do any breastfeeding moms find it harder to lose weight or feel like you weigh more then you really do because of your milk supply?
  • carolina_r
    Options
    Do any breastfeeding moms find it harder to lose weight or feel like you weigh more then you really do because of your milk supply?

Before joining MFP, I lost a bit of the baby weight but then stalled out...I was frustrated, because some people told me that bfeeding "melted the weight off"...this was not my experience.

Since starting MFP two months ago, however, I have lost 16 lbs :) I make sure to include breastfeeding into my food diary (it subtracts 300 cals since my guy is also on solids) so that my milk supply stays up, and so far it has been working! I have done some exercise, but mostly it is because of the change in my diet.

Not sure if this answers your question...hope so!
  • rblair_22
    rblair_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Rebekah and I am the mother of a 2 yr old crazy person! Due to my son's obsession with not letting me out of his sight I have found it very difficult to find time for myself. So here I am 2 yrs after giving birth and back to the weight I was when I was 40 wks pregnant.
  • ErinBEW
    ErinBEW Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

My name is Erin. I have a 2-yo daughter (3 on 12/23/11) and I just had my 2nd daughter on 10/07/11. I am in Columbus, GA and am looking to shed the baby weight! I really need a buddy (or 2) to help motivate me. Anyone interested in pairing up?

- Erin
  • nroisland
    nroisland Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 31 with a 2 year old little girl and a 9 month old little boy. I gained WAY too much with my second pregnancy and for some reason am not losing it like I did with my first. Just started working out regularly and counting my calories so hopefully I'll see the "belly" disappear.

*Love the slow cooker, so easy and the house smells so good*
  • raelynne629
    raelynne629 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Rachel, my little man is almost 11 months and I'm pretty much at the same weight as I was on delivery day! So starting to get stuff under control as we'd like to have another one at some point and I need a better starting point!!!
  • LadyLycan15
    Options
    Hello! My name is Mallory, but i go by Mal. I'm married to an amazing man and we have 2 kiddos.. a 4 year old son and a 6 month old baby girl. I have lost pretty much all the weight i want to lose BUT im working on toning up. Def hard to stay focused with 2 little ones running around. =]
  • TiffanyaeBrown
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new here too. :D My name is Tiffany and I just had my 5th little girl on 11/10/11. My other girls are 9, 6, 5, and 2.5. I'm from Memphis, TN and am looking to get rid of all this baby weight - for good! Lol. I'm still recovering from my c-section, so it'll probably be after the holidays before I can hit the gym and even then it'll be slow going. I'm ok with that though. Something is better than nothing! My biggest concern is my milk supply. I don't want to lose weight so quickly that it compromises it. So slow and steady will be the name of the game. :) I can't wait to get to know everyone!
    ~ Tiff
  • carolina_r
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new here too. :D My name is Tiffany and I just had my 5th little girl on 11/10/11. My other girls are 9, 6, 5, and 2.5. I'm from Memphis, TN and am looking to get rid of all this baby weight - for good! Lol. I'm still recovering from my c-section, so it'll probably be after the holidays before I can hit the gym and even then it'll be slow going. I'm ok with that though. Something is better than nothing! My biggest concern is my milk supply. I don't want to lose weight so quickly that it compromises it. So slow and steady will be the name of the game. :) I can't wait to get to know everyone!
    ~ Tiff

Welcome!!! Just in case you weren't aware - you can log breastfeeding into your food diary. I still felt my calorie allotment was too low, so I upped the base amount to 1400 (plus I get an extra 300 for nursing my 9 month old). I have been on here since September, I've lost 17 lbs and no impact on my milk supply. However - I did start MFP later after delivery, so my supply was well established. You have a good attitude - definitely best to take it easy and set-up good habits. Good luck!
  • dinnae
    dinnae Posts: 28
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Finally got a chance to come in here and introduce myself. I haven't had a chance on a computer since I got the group invite (my laptop died ;P) and I hate that I can't get on the community via the app.... With 3 boys (5, 3 and 1) I LIVE on my phone. ;) In fact, today was the first time I've logged into the online version of MFP since October 28. O_o

Anyway, just to introduce myself, as I said, I'm a mum to 3 boys, which means my house is ALWAYS in utter chaos. I live in Surrey, BC, a city that is part of Greater Vancouver - honestly one of the most beautiful cities in the world. :) I've recently moved back here after 7 years away, and I love it! My husband is my best friend, one sexy Aussie I met on the internet. We lived in Aus for the first 4 years of our relationship, and although I love Vancouver, I'd move back to Melbourne in a HEART BEAT.

So.... my weight journey. It seemed that the weight mostly came off easy-ish with the first two, but with # 3, i lost a bit, and then gained it all back within 6 months. My sugar cravings seemed HEINOUSLY bad this time post partum. Then we had the chaos of moving from a small town to big city Vancouver, and downsizing from 2200 sq ft to 1200.... activity? pfffft,, what's that? I was at my highest (93.5 kg - 206lbs) in September, and I was just so sick of it. I ordered the FIRM Express dvds after seeing an informercial (I'm not normally an infomercial shopper, just to let y'all know), and I LOVE how I've FINALLY been able to fit some sort of fitness into my life! The FE dvds are 20 min long, and at the beginner level, you do 3 a week, one each time. (As you get stronger, you do more, ie, 2x 20 min dvds 4 times a week, etc) The 20 minutes works for me, as I'm able to fit a workout in while my youngest is napping! Yay!

Besides the FE dvds, I also am still nursing my 1 year old, and I do belly dancing class once a week, so I am burning a lot of calories on my work out days! We have a group performance just before Christmas, so I'm also planning on practicing 20 min a day to learn our choreography. I have a bad lower back (sway back i was born with, and 2 car accidents when I was 17), so the b.d. is FANTASTIC for engaging my core and building my strength.

In just about 2 months of being on MFP, watching my calories, working out, WITH a 3 week break when I had bronchitis, I've come down to 87.8 kg today. I have a mini goal of hitting 84 kg by 15 Dec... not sure if that will happen now with my sick break.... but I'm going to keep working toward it. It's not SO far out of reach. ;)

Looking forward to getting to know you all as I make checking in to the group a daily activity!