Celebrate the little things

Options
hey everyone,
although the big challenge is to lose weight and get fit here I think we should all celbrate the little things we do to move ourselves closer to our goals or little nsv (non scale victories) that come up along the way

so ill start. Today I took pictures to use for progress and did day 1 of the 30 day shred, Ive had this dvd for awhile but it does me no good sitting on my shelf

Replies

• achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Mine for today is actually getting my butt to the gym. I almost didn't go since they had short hours for Veterans Day but I rushed and got in almost 50 minutes! Woohoo. That plus walking at the mall shopping earned me my yummy lunch at fresh choice...although I should have stayed away from the mac n cheese! Hope everyones had a great day!
  • agrmsvme
    Options
    Today I went to go to a Zumba class but it got changed for a different exercise class.. so I stayed and tried it. It was much more of a traditional exercise class but I tried my best and got through it!
  • Scatterdragon
    Scatterdragon Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I got up this morning and stepped on the scale (even though I am not supposed to on the weekend). I felt skinny today and I WAS!! I was down .8 and I have just over 1 lb to lose before Monday to be below 200. I am so excited. I have not been this weight in 4 years.
  • dvm_meggles
    dvm_meggles Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I can't wait to be in that place! :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • dvm_meggles
    dvm_meggles Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a super long day for me.... I started field surgery at 7 a.m. and didn't get home until after 8 p.m. I was really tired. Normally, I would have just eaten everything in sight, then gone to bed. However, I managed to make myself a healthy meal and stay under my calorie goal. That was a victory for me. I'm trying to go with the motto that if I'm too tired to exercise, then I'm too tired to eat. Plus, I'm sure wrestling sheep burned calories somewher in there too, but I didn't know how to count that :laugh:
  • bmacholiday
    bmacholiday Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, it's a major milestone.
  • pammyedmunds
    pammyedmunds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    So I was at the gym today doing my back routine and one of the guys that I have seen at the gym for a while came over to me and said you look great! Noticeably my midesction is getting smaller. And then at the grocery store the owners daughter in law who is also a friend was like wow, you look great! The motivation to push myself to my goal weight is pretty intense right now! I want to lose 10lbs by Christmas/New Years so I will be 199! I haven't seen alot of my familty since last Christmas (when I was 260) so this will be a big event for me!
  • Keebler145
    Keebler145 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That is amazing!! Great job on all your hard work!
  • aflaherty
    aflaherty Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i went home to visit my family for 4 days where we did Thanksgiving early. I was able to squeeze in time for a run, stay within my calories a few of the days and came home and only gained .2 pounds. With all of the travel food and T-day favorites, I count that as a victory!