Welcome!

vegansara
vegansara Posts: 192 Member
I decided to try to combine my two online addictions: MFP and raw food forums. I'm interested in eating a mostly raw plant based diet and I'd love to chat more with others about it!

Replies

• urbanmasala
    urbanmasala Posts: 95 Member
    That's great, Sara! I'm looking to work my way up to at least 50% raw. I have quite a few raw/living food cookbooks with some fabulous recipes. I hope to start trying some very soon and posting the results on my blog. Thanks for starting this group. ;-)
  • vegansara
    Yay, I'm glad you joined! I just ordered Alissa Cohen's Raw Food For Everyone, I'm really excited about it. Hopefully we'll see some more peeps on here!
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Hello! I'm also about 50% raw, right now, and more on some days. I'm always interested in getting tips and ideas to include more raw foods in my diet. I'm also a pescetarian.
  • I used to belong to a group here called "Eating in the Raw" and felt better and lost weight. Then the group moved further away and I don't go so I have gone back to old habits. Very interested in sharing experiences/recipes with others. I am primarily a vegetarian/part time vegan
  • Congratulations on your terrific weight loss! Good job
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Hi I'm Brooke! I'm fascinated by the raw food movement. :) I went from vegetarian a year ago to vegan a month ago and now hoping to incorporate more raw foods... go enzymes! I <3 juicing! If only I had a dehydrator.
  • Great idea for a group! Ever since I went organic I've gotten closer and closer to a raw diet. After the holidays I plan on giving it a serious go as I really see having a whole foods, plant based diet the way I want to be.

In any case, great to meet everyone!
    y.
  • Hi, I went organic about a month ago and went vegan for about a week now. So far I really haven't loss any weight, but I just started adding in excercise every other day, so hopefully that'll help. On the bright side though before going organic my cholestrol and trigylcerides were sky high and now they are all within the normal range :-)
  • Funny what simple changes in food can do for you, isn't it? Have you noticed that your sodium levels have went down as well? :smile:
  • Hi I'm Brooke! I'm fascinated by the raw food movement. :) I went from vegetarian a year ago to vegan a month ago and now hoping to incorporate more raw foods... go enzymes! I <3 juicing! If only I had a dehydrator.

I bought mysslf a dehydrator and dried banana is SO AMAZING! But it took about 12 hrs to dehydrate. That may be because I have a cheap dehydrator.. Making 'sundried tomatoes' in the dehydrator is really tasty too:)
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    I'll be coming of a detox soon and need to ease out using living foods! Looking forward to getting some ideas and recipes from other in this group. I've tried zucchini pasta http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y_76k1BE8I
    which makes me excited about all the other things I can do with raw foods <3
  • pjgjnfl
    pjgjnfl Posts: 45 Member
    I've been doing more and more raw, but just this week I'm going for 100 percent or very nearly. No packages, boxes, bags, or cans... I'm a little "nervous" as I'm traveling next week. But we'll see. Might have to have canned stuff on my salad. Oh, well.

I saw mention of a database... but can't find it here. Am I just missing it?

I'm hoping to be able to put together a menu... for my home cooking.

LMK your thoughts... thanks!!

Patrick
  • emmabathsheba
    emmabathsheba Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, newby here!! I am 2/3rds raw at the moment, mostly breakfast and lunch and then cooked for dinner as i have a family that are raw resistant!! We are all vegan though so its not all bad :)
  • Hi, Im new here. I've been vegetarian all my life but just recently turned vegan again. I also just started a whole-raw diet, which I hope to maintain for at least 30 days.
    Feel free to add!
  • vegansara
    Welcome everyone!