The Girl with the Dragon tattoo

Options
Anyone read this book? the series? Read an interesting write-up about the movie and thought i would give it a try. Thoughts?

Replies

• Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I am about a quarter of the way through this book, should be done it but I kind of lost the book and then found it and then lost it and just recently found it again lol This is the reason I read 3 -4 books at a time.

So far its pretty decent. I haven't watched the movie yet I would like to finish the book first.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I actually just started reading it this past weekend....stupid of me, as I'm currently reading 7 books at the moment.

I'm only about 50 pages in, but so far it hasn't really grabbed my attention. I was told it starts to pick up though. It better, as it's like, 900 pages long!
  • redhotredneck
    redhotredneck Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I read the whole series about 1 1/2 years ago. I totally agree the first book takes a bit to get into, but once you're hooked it flys, and the other 2 books just pick up where the first one stopped and fly right along. I'm not sure on how well the movies stay to the books, as I haven't seen them yet. They are on my list to watch tho...
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I actually just started reading it this past weekend....stupid of me, as I'm currently reading 7 books at the moment.

I'm only about 50 pages in, but so far it hasn't really grabbed my attention. I was told it starts to pick up though. It better, as it's like, 900 pages long!

Hahah My uncle told me to keep plugging through the boring part because it does get better.

I always have 4 or more books on the go, it helps me not get bored. Oddly enough I never cross plot lines or anything like that.
  • herstrawberri
    herstrawberri Posts: 347 Member
    Options

Hahah My uncle told me to keep plugging through the boring part because it does get better.

I always have 4 or more books on the go, it helps me not get bored. Oddly enough I never cross plot lines or anything like that.

I can't do that. i think it's because once I start a book, i need to finish it. I'm a really fast reader, though, so usually I finish within a few days. I get so engrossed that i usually can't put the book down until I'm done, and if the book is in a series...i need to read those as well. Weird OCD thing with me I guess.