Blessings from a curse

fit4mom
fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
I was curious if anyone out there could see the positive in their OCD? Mine was when I told a friend she related to me that she's gone through similar and used her struggles to positively encourage me. I've started talking on here and it's helped to know others that are suffering silently, don't feel alone anymore. I felt so blessed to see my curse turn into a blessing for others.

Replies

• fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    I've determined that God is teaching me boundaries. If I can grasp that for me, there are limits with somethings.
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    I know this is an old topic, but I thought I'd post anyway...

I don't know if this exactly counts as a blessing, and I don't know for certain whether I have OCD (my psychologist says I display a lot of the symptoms, so at least I can relate)... but one of the benefits certainly comes through in my job. I am a scientist and I tend to get obsessed with measuring things. I am also learning a few computer programming languages... when I don't know how to do something new I will often get 'stuck' there obsessively chasing down the answer. This might keep me at work really late at times, but it makes me a really quick learner. Additionally, as long as my thoughts don't get TOO cyclical and repetitive I can be quick good at analysing problems because i have to cycle over and over the problem until it is solved. I only usually get too repetitive when it is an unsolvable problem.

I'm also amazing at any repetitive task - I can do it really quickly because my brain is happily focussed on the task, cycling over and over.