Intros

Options

Replies

• Jpickeri
    Options
    Hey!

I'm Jess, and I've been playing rugby for a few seasons. I'm a junior in college and I started playing when i was a freshmen. I tore my acl and meniscus my first season playing, and I finally got back last semester. I just found this group and I'm really excited. I also just got voted in as captain, so if anyone knows of any great sites with different drills and things like that, it would be a great help!
  • richied26
    richied26 Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I play union and support Wales and Scarlets
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Wow, I didn't realize until now how much our group has grown!! Everyone, please stop by and introduce yourselves! When I joined, there were only 4 of us, lol. Now there are 30, and counting!

My club's first match is this coming Saturday...excited!! :happy:
  • emblu
    emblu Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    hi good luck and enjoy your game
    I've got a game this sunday, its what weekends were made for :)
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Any US players going to the Nash Bash tournament this weekend?! :happy:
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I've been playing 7 years, so obviously, I support my team and other local teams. My other favorites are the Harlequins, Springboks, and All Blacks.
  • greggsyv
    greggsyv Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i have now retired after 14 years playing all the important positions ( loose and tight head) plus i also played at school. Being a good prop all the usual injuries during my playing years (broke nose 6 times, broken bones in my right fist). I support england ( tattoo on arm rose of england with the words front row union around it) and bath rugby as i modelled my playing career on gareth chilcott (kooch). My father and grandfather were both front row. I once played at twickenham against london irish.............sounded good right, unfortunately it was twickenham rugby club and we got changed in a glorified hut!
  • sableandargent
    Options
    Heya, I'm Remy,

I'm a massive fan of the Wellington Hurricanes and the All Blacks.

Also after neck related problems I put down my headgear (I played lock) and picked up a whistle! I now referee two or three games a week and am having more fun now than ever.
  • MandaMand
    MandaMand Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    I used to hook for Colby College in Maine, and now that I'm older (and bigger...) I prop for the Worcester Shamrocks in Massachusetts.
    I'm an England fan nationally (I was born there), and Bath and Saracens are favourites, too!
  • pixieofdoom
    pixieofdoom Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    My mum lives near Bath so I've been to the Rec a few times, I'll support them as long as thy aren't playing against Irish :-)

I love to watch but I've never actually played sadly though I've been thinking about starting. How much basic fitness do you guys think I would need to not actually die mid practise?
  • greggsyv
    greggsyv Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    it depends on what position you will play.......front row you need specific muscular strength......on the wing you need something to occupy your mind while the forwards are hogging the ball. But you need basic interval training fitness with all the stop starting and good recuperative powers.
  • emblu
    emblu Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Pixieofdoom do it, do it,do it :)
    It was the best decision i ever made and womens rugby is screaming out for new players :)
    Get on the rfu website and search for a team and go along and try a training session, you'll love it
  • Hawksfan1029
    Hawksfan1029 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Love to see all this enthusiasm for Rugby, living in Chicago is great totally surrounded by Rugby!
    teams i support (well all but i guess if i have to choose)
    INTERNATIONAL UNIONS
    New Zealand (of course
    6 NATIONS
    Wales
    HEINEKEN CUP
    Munster (since there always in it)
    RABO DIRECT PRO 12
    Munster
    Leinster
    AVIVA PREMIERSHIP
    Leicester Tigers
    London Wasps
    SUPER RUGBY (SUPE RUGBY)
    Canterbury Crusaders
    LOCAL CLUBS
    Chicago Lions!
    Chicago Blaze
    Chicago Riot
    Fox Valley Maoris
    South Side Irish
    Rockford Ravens

I have more for collegiate and 7's but i figure the list is long enough! haha!
  • jody75
    jody75 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I played loosehead prop and second row when I was still at it. Our women's team in Springfield, MO folded after a car accident and rash of pregnancies (unrelated incidents). I played in Fayetteville, Arkansas for a bit also. I support our local men's club. They have a brother team in Wales, the Pill Harriers, so I end up following Wales a lot too. I would love to get in shape and play again but it's probably not in the cards for me.
  • novarugger10
    novarugger10 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Cat. I currently play for NOVAWRC as a flyhalf though in college I played everywhere in the backline and even flanker for a while.

If anyone has any ideas for backs skills/drills or fitness plans, let me know! We can trade :)

Go Ireland!
  • mrdjmo
    mrdjmo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My Names Dan,

Play Second Row and Back Row.

Support Scarlets and Wales.

Train full body workout 3 times a week when I have a game and 6 times a week when I don't have a game works for me :-)
  • woodyhu
    Options
    Hey, I 'm Woody. Played 20 years or so from college to D1 Men's in the US (Scioto Valley Old Bombay Lepers). Love the US and France--played at University of Paris while studying abroad for a year. Science Po to be exact. Played everything in the tight 5 and all the way out to 8. Once I broke a couple of ribs and got moved to scrumhalf since we only had 15 guys. Played with the Mighty SVELTS a mostly props 7 side I helped start back in "92. Put on a lot of weight after back surgery 5 years ago and never took it off. HELP! :smile:
  • fatmanonadiet
    fatmanonadiet Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello to all.

Im Alex, i did use to play prop/lock for Whitley Bay Rockcliff (availability of people dependant) until my daughter was born in 2011. Really want to get back into it, but need to get my weight down and fitness up before pre-season!

I am a season ticket holder for the Newcastle Falcons and avid England supporter.

Swing Low!
  • devariojay
    devariojay Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your games everyone.

Former Junior national level player from the Bahamas here. I currently play D2 for the Bayonne Bombers in Bayonne, New Jersey.

Focusing on losing weight to play sevens and have a productive season in 15's with this team. Im coming back after not playing Rugby since 2007.
  • Theprairiepinup
    Theprairiepinup Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

I'm Raven and this will be my third season coming up! Playing in my first Ultra 7'a tournament in June in Canada!

Feel free to give me a friend invite!!