Jain waves hello

Options
Jain
Jain Posts: 861 Member
Hi!
I've been missing from MFP for a while dealing with some health problems, and when I come back I find the new Groups. And there is a Vegen Group!!!:bigsmile:

I've been a veggie for about 19 years now & quite a lot of what I cook is vegan (I just don't admit it to my DH as he is still a meat eater, tho he happily eats veggie in the house).

I love the cookbooks by Isa Chandra Moskowitz, and I'm having the 40 Cloves Chickpeas & Broccoli from Appetite for Reduction tonight when I get back from work. Yum!

Looking forward to getting loads of tips & hints from you guys. Not to mention encouragement.:smile:

Replies

• alexsmith01
    alexsmith01 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hi Jain!
    I'm vegetarian too, but am aiming to get to vegan eventually - I have only been vegetarian for just over a year so I don't want to make the jump to vegan until I know I can do it healthily! When I first went vegetarian, I tried to be vegan but ended up eating nothing but junk, so I'm holding off now until I'm 100% sure I know enough vegan recipes, and enough about vegan nutrition and am comfortable before I try that again!
    Hope your health problems weren't too serious, and that you've told them where to go :P Welcome back!