Options
UrbanRunner81
UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
What is on tap for today?

Replies

• skemery
    skemery Posts: 100
    Options
    17 mile training run-Mondays are the best part of my week!
  • biobreak
    biobreak Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Six this morning - gorgeous day and I got to see sunrise over the lake in my neighborhood. Love these temperatures we're having right now! Tried to bike into work, but all the Bikeshare bikes were already checked out. C'est la vie.

I'm thinking of finally starting to build up some mileage in my VFFs. I've only been walking in them and haven't done much/any running in them. Since I'm on the backside of this year's marathon, I think I'll start out with a half mile in VFFs on Thursday, and gradually build up over the next month or so.

Have a great day, everyone!
  • UrbanRunner81
    Options
    Ran only 2 miles since I am nursing my foot still. I would love to get a run outside this weekend to see how it holds up.

I also did arc trainer today. Tomorrow is my rest day!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of 40mph winds, staying indoors. Supposed to be like this all week with a chance of snow and bunch of rain. There is a 10K I was thinking of doing on Saturday - it's a trail run, which I don't generally like, if it's raining and windy I will skip it. Guess lots of treadmill work this week.
  • flvsusandy
    flvsusandy Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    5 miles outside doing 10x400 intervals. I was skipping over my speed training at the beginning of my training program due to an injury and I noticed that my speed and endurance kinda sizzled out! Started adding it back in the last 3 weeks and have felt great besides getting a horrid side stitch today. I wish I knew what randomly causes them. Happy running today everyone!
  • mandy_lynn
    mandy_lynn Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I did a 4 mile easy run today. My heart rate like to get super high when I run, so I ran as slow as I could without walking to try to get it to stay at a lower rate.
  • polar135
    polar135 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Stationary Bike for lunch. Tuesday, i will do my normally 45 min elliptical workout. (Did a 7 mile outdoor run on Saturday so i still recovering)
  • UrbanRunner81
    Options
    5 miles outside doing 10x400 intervals. I was skipping over my speed training at the beginning of my training program due to an injury and I noticed that my speed and endurance kinda sizzled out! Started adding it back in the last 3 weeks and have felt great besides getting a horrid side stitch today. I wish I knew what randomly causes them. Happy running today everyone!

I know I wish I knew. But it does tend to happen to me if I eat and then go running. I need at least an hour and usually I am okay.
  • Faeriegirl74
    Faeriegirl74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Very humid here, only got in 2.4 miles (then it got dark). Slow easy recovery run from the weekend.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Knee is still tweaked a little from this weekend so I just walked a little bit today. I'll see how it feels tomorrow, and might go for a short run if I think it'll hold up.
  • VTGolden
    VTGolden Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    5 Mile Leslie Sansone DVD Walk. Wish I could go run on this lovely day, but I am nursing a fractured shoulder which requires something with less impact. (SSSSshhhhh...I have been on a few runs, but don't tell my husband or Doc!)