Any concerns??

Options
Are you struggling do you need help? Discuss here x

Replies

• authson
    authson Posts: 233
    Options
    okay i am slipping. i have stayed the dame for almost three weeks and am losing patience. any encouragement would be welcome.
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Here is how I lift my spirits when I'm stuck on the same stupid number for ages. Find the average number of pounds you have lost per week.

So for me. I've been on MFP for 41 weeks and lost 33lbs. So that's only 0.8lbs per week. BUT if I keep working I know I can get down to my initial goal weight of 130lbs in only 42 more weeks. That means I should hit my ultimate target by the end of next August. I think back to my journey so far and think about how many times I have been stuck on the same number and I've always got past it eventually.

In the end, does it matter how long it takes to get there, as long as we do eventually?

Keep your chin up and look at some photos of you when you were 50lbs heavier and celebrate your success so far :)
  • authson
    Options
    Thank you!!!! I think that is exactly what i needed to hear. You are a God Sighting! it has been hard witha tom of Birthdays this past month and now the holidays, at least i haven't gained anything. Thanks again! Steph
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    Options
    Leila thats a great way of looking at it thanks for helping steph and me! :) xxx
  • glypta
    glypta Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    And all the while you're not losing on the scale, you might be losing inches and worst case, if it's neither, you're still being healthier than you were before. Can you tell I have my mojo back?! Day 3...
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    Options
    Yep defo can hun!!! woop woop! Glad to have u back to ur wee normal self xxxxx
  • authson
    Options
    I am reading this post everyday to keep me motivated, thanks everyone for your support it really mean alot!
  • leilaphoenix
    Options
    I'm trying to take my own advice this week.

I've been stuck around 165lbs for AGES!!! ARGHHHH. Once I see 162lbs on the scales I'm sure I'll be super good on my food and exercise as I just CANNOT see 165lbs AGAIN!
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    Options
    Ive kinda been stuck and am really struggling to get motivated, any one else in this situation? xxx
  • authson
    Options
    I think november and december are going to be hard months with all the holidays. I am thinking of just maintaining until January. wht are your thoughts?
  • authson
    Options
    Leila, I have not moved on the scale all month and it is hard i am so sick of seeing 225 I could puke!!!!!!!!!!! ah well i am just going to keep at it and hope the plateau will go away soon.
  • leilaphoenix
    Options
    No PUKING!

I was kinda thinking about being content with maintaining until January. Apart from the obvious food difficulties of December, I'm finding the dark winter nights very hard. I'm an outdoor-exerciser and despite going to the gym every day this week its just not the same...

I think I'm just going to keep trying to work hard and try not to freak out if I don't lose anything this month. I've joined some more MFP challenges to keep me motivated!
  • authson
    Options
    I don't think the puking comment came across right I wouldn't do that. well its nice to know i am not the only one just hoping to get through the holidays without gaining.
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    Options
    yeah Im totally thinking the same thing, I really wanna get to 42 pounds down for xmas but then I will be happy until after its ALL over hehe!!! :)
  • lk149504
    lk149504 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    hello all!! I hope everyone is doing well!! So far I took 1.5 weeks and have been eating maintenance calories to give my body a break. I was having a hard time losing, so I thought this might help. I just need something to get back on lower calories. I think I am going to try to start eating at a lower cals on wednesday.
  • lina20
    lina20 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    i had some tough time. i went of the wagon in 4 months gained 14lb. since august i haven't been exercising.because of some problems.now i need help to get back on track.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    I understand your frustrations about being stuck. I was stuck for over 2.5 months. I am not sure how it happened but the curse finally broke one day and I started losing again. Do your best to stay the course and not to lose hope!! I know it is easier said than done. Keep working out- change up your routine, increase intensity etc. With food increase your protein and decrease carbs. Both suggestions may help. You will get through this. My chiropractor told that me that your body needs time to adjust to the new weight and change in lifestyle. It will let go of the weight again. Good luck.
  • reander
    reander Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm having a tough time this month. I'm swamped with stuff to do and some days am forgetting to eat completely until it's 4pm or later, or sometimes just turning to junk food because I have no energy for anything else. This isn't helped by all the birthdays in December and of course Christmas. Thinking I might just follow my instincts for December and not worry about the weight loss and just be happy if I manage to maintain.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    There are times that it is easier to forgot about the lifestyle change and revert back to old habits but I would encourage you to stay the course and do the best you can with food. Allow yourself the opportunity to enjoy yourself and the food but learn how to control what you eat. Remember to eat at least 3 meals a day since that will make a difference in your weight loss.

Good luck I know you will get through this.