Rants!

Options
Alright everyone what is the thing that bothers you the most about your friends/acquaintices *i can't spell to save my life today...* that just haven't grown up??

I'll start - I know a few girls who have a kid and they use the fact that they still live at home with mommy and daddy that they can just go out and party it up whenever they want! Serioulsy like going to clubs during the week!! :grumble: I get that even if you have kids you want to go out sometimes but seriously some people I know need to get their priorities straight! Okay and that ends my rant lol

Replies

• KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Hah! I know a LOT of girls (and guys!) like that. I call them "part-time parents." While I think it's great that someone's parents or grandparents are wanting to help out, there's a different between "helping out" and them RAISING your child for you. I have a lot more respect for the mom's and dad's who don't take advantage of their own parents when it comes to raising their kids.

Hmm...some of my rants: alcohol. That's a huge one. You do NOT need alcohol to have a good time! Try telling that to most people under 30, though. Actually, try telling that to anyone nowadays, haha.

School. I'm a student, and I have deadlines/studying/practicing/exams/etc. School is important to me. Most of my friends are NOT students. Don't give me an attitude and accuse me of "not wanting to hang out anymore" because I want to get school done and over with as fast as possible.

My boyfriend. Don't accuse my boyfriend of "sapping all of the fun" out of me. I've lost friendships over the fact that I am practically engaged and I consider my boyfriend's needs. One friend got all huffy because I wouldn't go to ladies' night with her. I'm not a club person. I never was. I was never a party person, either. However, my old "friends" used to accuse my boyfriend of being controlling, because I don't go to clubs or parties anymore. Uhh...I never did that to begin with, so why would I start NOW, especially since I am in a committed relationship? Comments like "you used to be fun" really used to irk me, but now I take them as a compliment. I look at how I was a few years ago when I used to see these people regularly...I had a drinking problem, was rude, inconsiderate, mean, negative and just not a good person. Now, I'm a nice, HAPPY, goal-oriented person that loves life. And that's FUN to me. :tongue:
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    I agree with all of those!!! I totally almost lost a friend because my boyfriend had gotten a DUI and was on house-arrest for a few weeks *lesson was learned* and during that time I hung out with him and my friend got all grumpy that I didn't go out with her one night *rolls eyes* ... she got over herself eventually lol

And the alcohol thing drives me batty!!!! I go out and have a drink or 2 yes, but I rarely get drunk! I don't see the fun in it any more.... who actually enjoys waking up with a hangover!?
  • KimmyEB
    Options
    I managed to only have a hangover once, and that was after a night of drinking with a friend. It was so bad that a coworker of mine was looking for some extra hours and knew that I had been drinking the night before asked if I wanted to go back to sleep and she'd work my shift...and I let her! lol

Oh, btw, your "*lesson was learned*"? I respect that. Everyone makes mistakes! But it's how you handle it. Do you own up to it and learn? Or just keep making it? The people I rant about are the ones who keep making them! haha :tongue:
  • bonnt
    bonnt Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    As we were discussing "part-time parents"... I *Had* a lot of friends who were like that. I'm tired of being told that I need "mommy time".... how the heck would they know what I need? I need to be with my daughter because you never get these days back! My "friends" son is 2 and doesn't talk. At all. He points and mumbles. His parents don't pay attention to him and are talking about baby number 2? She went out on Saturday before Halloween and by Tuesday she was talking about needing a break. She is NOT a stay at home mom, she works. That is her break.

Another one I hate. "I need to lose weight, I'm really going to do it this time". The next day "Yum! Cookies for lunch!". Yes, I understand losing weight is hard. Dieting and exercising is hard. Finding time with a child to do those things... Sometimes near impossible. Your child takes naps, you have time then. Make the sacrifice if you are truly wanting to commit. Otherwise, don't post about it on facebook, because you look stupid. Just my two cents.
  • KimmyEB
    Options
    As we were discussing "part-time parents"... I *Had* a lot of friends who were like that. I'm tired of being told that I need "mommy time".... how the heck would they know what I need? I need to be with my daughter because you never get these days back! My "friends" son is 2 and doesn't talk. At all. He points and mumbles. His parents don't pay attention to him and are talking about baby number 2? She went out on Saturday before Halloween and by Tuesday she was talking about needing a break. She is NOT a stay at home mom, she works. That is her break.

Another one I hate. "I need to lose weight, I'm really going to do it this time". The next day "Yum! Cookies for lunch!". Yes, I understand losing weight is hard. Dieting and exercising is hard. Finding time with a child to do those things... Sometimes near impossible. Your child takes naps, you have time then. Make the sacrifice if you are truly wanting to commit. Otherwise, don't post about it on facebook, because you look stupid. Just my two cents.

I dated a guy a few years ago who had a 2-year-old son...his son was still eating mushy baby food, couldn't talk at all...just grunted/whined, and gritted his teeth so loudly that I could hear him doing it when I was down in the basement (he was upstairs). I was only with that guy for 3 months, and only saw the kid a couple days a week, but in that short time, I taught him to start eating REAL food, say a couple of words, and tried to convince anyone who would listen that he needs his teeth and jaw looked at. I think if his part-time parents actually took the time to teach him to talk and learn to eat food, he'd be, developmentally, where he should have been. He learned quick, which shows me that mentally, he CAN learn...just no one was willing to teach him. :angry:

I know several people who are in the same situation...they would rather party than take time out with their kids and teach them, play with them...be a PARENT...then they wonder why their children has so many disciplinary problems at school, or why people can't stand to be near them and their kids because they don't discipline them.
  • dawsonsmom
    Options
    so im new to this but i saw this and i just want say that makes me mad part time parents i have a 1 year old and i never go out it use to be hard but i found other stuff to do instead like hiking play ground ect.. i enjoy my son and it discuss me that ppl let it pass them by when they have the greatest person ever with them u learn so much from your children