Sleeping?!

Options
tlcAK
tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
So I don't know about you but my baby has learned that if she screams for long enough my husband will bring her into bed with us. Now she sleeps in her crib for about 2 hours, wakes up cries sooo hard that she has vomitted a couple times (I kid you not!) and now she sleeps with us. I am soo tired now. I don't sleep well with her in bed with us. I don't like having her scream so much she throws up though. What am I to do? It makes the rest of my day horrible and I'm so weak when I have no sleep :(

Replies

• Nikki_Gets_Fit
    Nikki_Gets_Fit Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    aweee :( I wish I had some advice for you! How old is she? I know little ones can have something they call night terrors, and maybe that is something she is dealing with. I would definitely ask your doctor at her next check-up and see if they can tell you what to do. Maybe get a night light or something to turn on when she wakes up. I wouldn't put her to bed with it on, but possible something you can do for her when she wakes up in the middle of the night. I know how lack of sleep feels. I get about 4 hours a night, and sadly my body is starting to adjust to it. Over the weekend, my kids spent the night at my parents house and after I went to bed I was up about 4 and a half hours later wide awake! But I always seem so tired, so I don't know how this happens lol...let us know if you find anything else out!
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    She's 9 1/2 months old and I think we just need to crib train her. I've talked to others. I'm not one of the cry it out method, but we are going to try and see what we can do so she's not in our bed anymore and hopefully sleeping through the night. Sadly I think my body is starting to get use to it too :(
  • KimAggie04
    KimAggie04 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My daughter did something similar at that age. We did the "Tough Love" approach and let her cry it out. It does work, but it was really hard on my husband and me (a lot of tears on my side). It took us about 2 nights, but she has slept in her room ever since.

As for night terrors, my daughter did have those between around the ages of 2 and 3. That is somthing else completely. That is miserable! She had huge fits.. threw herself on the floor, hit, scream, cried... and never once acted like she was truly awake. It was almost like she couldn't see us even though she was looking directly at us. I know that sounds strange, but that's the best way I can describe it. In the morning she wouldn't even remember what happened. She would usually get these episodes when we had a long day and were out in the heat, such us, our vacation at the lake. We found that the best way to deal with night terrors was to let her be and wait it out. The more we tried to comfort her the worse it got. So we didn't touch her, unless we were protecting her from hurting herself. Hopefully your daughter does not have night terrors.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    With my son we did the cry it out method it is hard but it worked. I never would put him in bed with us because I watched my aunt do that with my cousin and her daughter slept with them till she was 11. I did not want that. I know it feels cruel to let them cry but it seems to be the only way that worked. I used a night light in the room it was one of those rotating scenes that we put on the dresser and it seemed to help.

Usually you do not get night terrors till age 2. My son had them from age 2 - 4 and they are scarey there were a couple of times I almost took him to the hospital. Like an idiot I would try to wake him up and he would have a really vacant look in his eyes and speak incoherently eventually we learned that when they happened to just hold him and prevent him from hurting himself and cringe through the screaming until it stopped then place him back in bed. I really hope you do not go through that it was awful. Now that he is 8 he walks in his sleep which is a whole other problem since he likes to go outside when this happens.
  • Embera
    Embera Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    this is a compleetly seperate issue my daughter is 4 mo old and the only way she falls asleep is with a bottle in her mouth and i know it isnt good for her but its ither that or movement likea stroller ride sometimes her swing but not lately any segestions?

and another thing i cant get her to go to bed till at least 11 usually later any segestions for that ... she gets up at 8-9 or at 5 for a bottle but thats too early for me so i send her back to bed any segestions?