Favorite Restaurants?

nekosimba
nekosimba Posts: 239 Member
Hey Everyone! Thought I would get a message board rolling here.

Just wondering what is your favorite restaurants are? Doesn't have to be healthy, but it's nice knowing the low calorie options.

Mine is Mongo's Grill. Love being able to pile on the veggies. I know the sauces aren't the greatest for you, but it's a little treat I like to go to once a month.

Replies

• run_panda_run
    run_panda_run Posts: 14 Member
    Mmmmmm Mongos!

I love Clay Oven once in a while, but I don't know what (if any) low cal options they have.
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Everyone thinks I am crazy... but my fav is The Pony Coral!!!!
  • I like the Mongolian Grill (Mongos?) However I have no clue how to count the calories.
  • The Pony Coral is a good restaurant, but they have such huge portions. I used to think that was good, but today it is a burden.
  • JetzGurl
    JetzGurl Posts: 217 Member
    Even though it thwarts my weight loss efforts, I have to go with Santa Lucia on Main/St Mary's @ Marion
  • I have a couple of favorites that are a real treat when visiting Winnipeg: Niko's on Corydon has the most amazing lemon roasted potatoes, and Earl's Prawn Dynamite Roll is scrumptious.
  • So nice to have a group from home!!! I just joined up.My favorite place is Ichi Ban.We go every Christmas when the out of town family comes in.Lots of fun when you can fill the table with family,other wise you sit with strangers.That can be fun to meet new people though.
  • I am a huge mongo's fan too. love it!!!
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    I love Cora's for lunch... Fresh fruit, crepes.. mmmmmmm
  • a1wonder
    a1wonder Posts: 95 Member
    Thai - Vanxai's Lao 79 Saint Anne's Road
    Chinese - North Garden Restaurant 33 University Crescent
    Korean - Buffet Seoul - 1855 Pembina Highway Winnipeg
    Pasta - Fusion Grill - 550 Academy Road
    Curry Lunch Buffet on Fridays - Kingshead Pub 120 King Street
    Breakfast - Cora's or Sals
    Greek - Olympia Diner 3253 Portage Avenue
    Canadian - Red Top Drive Inn Restaurant 219 Saint Mary's Road

and I'll stop now... My hubby and I love food so we're always searching for new places to try an recreate a home, some might not be as healthy as others but theyr'e are always options and choices about moderation we can make.
  • AngieWpg
    AngieWpg Posts: 27
    OMG I haven't had Olympia in so long and it is soooooooo good. Their lemon potatoes are amazing. Have you ever noticed that their vegetable of the day is ALWAYS carrots? It's funny but they are really good too so no complaints from our end.

My favorites lately are Olive Garden and Tony Romas.
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    I agree with Coras!! For sure my favourite!! Supper I would have to say The Keg... yummm... OH and if you feel like having a reallllly big cheat day, go to The Feast on McPhillips for the buffet LOL!
  • JUST WONDERING--HOW IS EVERYONE KEEPING COOL? IS THIS TO MUCH FOR YOU?HEY,NO BUGS THOUGH!!
  • AngieWpg
    AngieWpg Posts: 27
    At least today is a bit better, tomorrow is supposed to be super humid. I'm so glad it's my day off, I might go see Ted to let the theatre keep me cool.