Recently Watched....

I thought maybe we could come to this thread and mention movies we just watched whether it was in theaters, on TV, rented or streamed. From the must watch to the avoid at all costs!

I will start although I have nothing big to contribute at this time. I streamed Good Neighbors off of Netflix and though extremely predictable I still found it highly enjoyable. It stars Jay Baruchel, Scott Speedman and Emily Hampshire as 3 apartment neighbors who bond together while a serial killer is on the prowl. I gave it a Netflix 3 star rating maybe a tad more to a 3.5

Replies

• sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Last movie I saw in the theater was Moneyball. Pretty good movie.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    I don't go to movie theatres cuz people are stupid.

But the last movies we rented were X-Men (the first one) and Some Kind of Wonderful.

We just received today Your Highness and Morning Glory.
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    In cinema:
    Puss In Boots [Definitely recommend], The Help [Emma Stone...enough said :D], 30 Minutes or Less [could have been better], In Time [pretty good for a Timberlake film], The Rum Diary [slow, underdeveloped and generally disappointing], The Change Up [LMAO!], Dream House [only worth watching if you've got a pirated copy, and even then it's iffy], Crazy Stupid Love [Fabulous!], Contagion [Uhhhhhhhh....NO], Horrible Bosses [pretty good, has some funny moments], and some that I can't recall. :smile:

In home:
    Empire Records [love], Home Alone 1-3 [love 1&2, like 3, Home Alone 4 doesn't exist to me so don't ask], Die Hard 1-4 [Love 1&2, hate 3, 4 is OK], Rocky 1-6 [Rocky 1&3 are best, 2&4 are OK, 6 never should have been made], The Core [kind of stupid, but enjoyable], Titanic [because I needed to laugh at "I'll never let go"], Zombieland [Emma Stone, enough said :D] I Am Legend [good, but could have been better], Jingle All The Way [love], Liar Liar [love], Easy A [Emma Stone, enough said], A Christmas Story [love], Miracle on 34th St. [love], RENT [LOVE!], Hairspray [love], Grease [love], Evita [love], Oklahoma! [meh, good to sing along to], Chicago [love], Avenue Q [love!], V for Vendetta [one of my all-time favourite films!], Armageddon [silly, but good], Hot Fuzz [annoying at times, but generally good], Attack the Block [glowing alien teeth, enough said], Paul [one of my all-time favourite films], Apollo 13 [one of my all-time favourite films], Twister [silly, but excellent film overall], The Day After Tomorrow [STUPID! but oddly addicting], Idiocracy [worrisome prophecy that seems to be coming true], and many more because I have too much free time. :flowerforyou:
  • rum diary was a bust? bummer.

wait, wait wait.

did you enjoy fear and loathing?

Just watched The Vicious Kind on netflix, it's Adam Scott being an *kitten*.

really though, the movie was surprisingly good, and JK Simmons is in it!
  • also...."like" die hard 3!

that's the best one!

and dude, hot fuzz? annoying? que?!

that movie is the best combo of a brit action w/ edgar wright
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Well, I didn't say that Hot Fuzz is annoying in general, but only that bits of it are annoying. lol Die Hard 3 really just felt disconnected from the spirit of the first two films. It just felt wrong. lol Die Hard 4 was also kind of disconnected and the toned down McClane wasn't something I enjoyed and that's why I thought it was only "OK."

:flowerforyou:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    I don't really recommend either of these movies.
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    I don't really recommend either of these movies.

LOL I liked Your Highness :D but haven't seen Morning Glory and am not rushing out to see that one, it reminds me of Up Close and Personal, which I didn't like.
  • King_Bee
    King_Bee Posts: 275 Member
    Has anyone had a chance to watch Melancholia yet? I started watching it yesterday but had to stop to take care of something. I saw Antichrist, although the subject matter was disturbing, the imagery was beautiful. I love how you could pause it at any moment and have a well composed photograph with beautiful lighting.
  • dude, you just described Roger Deakins life...

best cinematographer ever.

watched "The Vicious Kind" on netflix, way better than I expected. Adam scott is at his sarcastic best, probably the best roll of his young career.

movies are so rare for me these days, maybe some 90's movie will be next... I dunno.
  • jrhstarlight
    Netflix users: The Shrine is available to watch!! I rented this off On Demand a few months back expecting the typical straight to dvd fair and lower budget movie. Was I blown away, it was such a breath of fresh air!! IMO pretty original, but I also havent seen every movie ever made lol Plus I usually enjoy Aaron Ashmore's performances. HIGHLY recommended for any who enjoy horror movies, as this is my fav genre, not scary but a great watch.
  • jrhstarlight
    I went and saw Mission Impossible 4: Ghost Protocol. I recommend. Not bad at all lots of good laughs and action scenes. Jeremy Renner and Simon Pegg really made the movie :)
  • its_sania
    its_sania Posts: 93 Member
    I went and saw Mission Impossible 4: Ghost Protocol. I recommend. Not bad at all lots of good laughs and action scenes. Jeremy Renner and Simon Pegg really made the movie :)

I love Simon Pegg, but am unsure how I'll find him in an action movie as opposed to a comedy! Glad to hear your thoughts though.

I recently watched Drive (Ryan Gosling can do no wrong) and 50/50 - considering it's a movie about cancer it was done quite well and has some touching and funny moments.

And I just watched Troll Hunter again - it's a Norwegian "documentary" about trolls. It's done really well and is suspenseful but I find it hilarious.
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Recently watched

'Kill List' - Brilliant first hour then it all went a bit wonky, I thought I'd fallen asleep and woken up during a different movie

'We Need to Talk about kevin' - Very depressing but very good. Tilda Swinton is fantastic in it

'The Muppets' - Hmmmm... this wasn't my choice, not my sort of thing, but it was fairly enjoyable with a few funny bits
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Just watched 'The Darjeleeing Limited' after my gf's brother-in-law showed me The Life Aquatic. I am on a Wes Anderson kick right now, so after Fantastic Mr. Fox we are going to watch The Royal Tenenbams.

As far as new moives recently seen, saw the Muppets and I loved it because I love the Muppets. aaaaaaaund, saw the Secret World of Arriety. I am much disappoint.

OH OH! And The Adventures of TinTin. OH MY GOD THAT MOVIE WAS AMAZING
  • jrhstarlight
    Saw The Hunger Games and recommend if you read the book. It followed it pretty well with only minor tweaks and changes. But I do feel reading the book beforehand help to understand a few things that weren't to detail in the movie even though it has a run time of 2 hours 22 minutes and the book isn't even 400 pages :P Still a great watch!!