Engol asks.....

Derv
Derv Posts: 84 Member
Here is a place for all her questions when she's bored in work (it's a quiet weather day you know)

"Did you go to a class for that? Where do you do classes? Again, I'm just bored here. We should discuss this on the MagicMum thread!

yes Zombie...oh hang on *Body* Attack was a class in Rock Fitness Dundrum.
I got a LivingSocial deal of a months unlimited classes that I started on the 7th of this month. Am loving the place & trying all the new classes, would love to join but it's so much dearer than the Ben Dunne I've been a member of for years.....

Tomorrow - spin&tone

http://www.rockfitness.ie/pdf/October TT2011.pdf

Replies

• engol
    engol Posts: 12
    Oh that's a much better reply than I was expecting. A whole thread even! I was wondering what you were at doing all these fancy pants classes.

I haven't been to an aerobics class in 20 years! In fact, it's been so long since I've been to an aerobics class, the last time I was at one they were all called aerobics classes. None of these fancy names on them.
  • Derv
    Yeah I was surprised, where's the atttacking huh?? maybe the attack was on our own bodies with all those jumping jacks, and by god this instructor loves his push-ups! Last time I did aerobics was in the YMCA in Aungier St mid 90's :)
  • engol
    And tomorrow you're doing spinning?

That's a lot of cardio!

Do you do any pilates, yoga, that sort of thing?
  • Derv
    Yes that is the downside of the class membership, very cardio biased. When I am back to regular gym use it will be more weights.
    I used to do both Pilates and Zumba classes outside the gym but trying to cut back on expenses. I have planned to do pilates on Friday at Rock though.
  • engol
    Again, I don't like classes, the few yoga classes I've done over the years weren't interesting enough for me to pay for them. All easy deep breathing and ladies relaxing themselves. Not my cup of tea at all. But Harm has found a pilates class he loves and enjoys. He says he is half dead at the end of it and can't understand how the women there aren't even breaking a sweat. I pointed out to him (and he confirmed it later in a chat with the instructor) that most of them were there for a rest not a workout lol But seemingly his instructor is great. If I were any good at taking instructions I'd give it a go lol.

Do you have any dvds anymore? I seem to recall you talking about doing dvds? Do you still? I'd like to get a good dvd recommendation for Harm for pilates. He has downloaded a few. He needs the motivation of the classes though, he wont self motivate so might be a waste.
  • Derv
    I started the 30 day shred mega thread on mm :) not so much anymore but I did a great weight training DVD programme over the summer called Chalean Extreme, as I couldn't get to gym.
    Recently during the mid term instead of doing a DVD I did workouts on the Nike training club app
    I have a pilates DVD my teacher gave me, don't use it much tbh but she says any of the Stott label are good.
    Hth
    Off to monthly p.a meeting now, sigh
  • engol
    Thanks for the tip. I'll have a google :-)

Enjoy your meeting!