Happy Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day!!

Options
http://www.cooksinfo.com/clean-out-your-refrigerator-day

I guess I know what I'll be doing tonight for my housework ;-) (Though probably not cleaning the floor beneath the fridge. Ours is stuck there and still relatively new...)

Suggested tasks involve:

o Take everything out;
o Wash down and disinfect the inside walls of the refrigerator, the shelves, and all along the door seal;
o Wash everything going back in - bins, racks, and even the outsides of jars;
o Vacuum the coils at the back of the fridge, if your model has them;
o Clean the floor underneath the fridge.

Let us know how it goes!!

Replies

• smiletty
    smiletty Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'll do it my refrigerator is pretty much empty, since I keep most of my food in a panty and in the freezer, so probally will time myself to see how long it takes, my goal is 20 minutes (i mean really emply the only things in it are water, no caloire juice, milk, salad veggies and condiments)
  • jessicanottingham
    jessicanottingham Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I fell asleep as soon as I got home from work last night...I guess I was tired!! I'll be cleaning the fridge out tonight, my goal will be to work until it's done. Hopefully it won't take too long, we have a lot of old leftovers that will just need to be pitched.
  • jessicanottingham
    jessicanottingham Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sounds empty! I hope that made it easier.
  • CeeEssGee
    CeeEssGee Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'll hold off on cleaning out my refrigerator until tomorrow (when I take the garbage out).
  • smiletty
    smiletty Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I cleaned my refrigerator today, took me about an hour, It smells to good in there I went out and bought some bleach that has a lilac scent to it. I hope that it will stay like this for a while but I have a one year old how learned how to open things so she will get in there soon.
  • CeeEssGee
    CeeEssGee Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Well... I ended up only discarding the science projects last night as we were late getting home from Cub Scouts. Will attempt to do a more thorough cleaning this weekend. :ohwell: