Struggling with staying within my calories

Options
tambamis
tambamis Posts: 67 Member
I can't seem to stay within the 1200 calorie limit - so frustrating!

Replies

• bridgettef
    bridgettef Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    What does a normal days worth of meals look like for you?
  • karamae
    karamae Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time staying within my 1260 too. The only way I normally do it is if I work out. I try to go to the gym M-F and burn at least 400 cals. I eat back as many as I feel I need to during the day. Also, finding lower calorie snacks helps too. Once you find the right balance, it'll become easier.
  • agrmsvme
    Options
    I was having trouble with that as well! Then I decided to only eat when I was truly hungry.. which leaves you eating at some odd times...trust me I know... but not eating when i was bored or frustrated or even when it was "lunchtime" helped me to eat less amounts of food and to eat about every 4 hours. Try to set your meals out for the next day the night before so that you know you have something yummy awaiting you for lunch or dinner which will make you less likely to snack away your calories. As a reminder don't go hungry! If you are hungry then by all means eat a little something.. but sometimes our stomachs are used to a lot more food and calories than we need (I.e. after a big meal like Thanksgiving the next day I am always ravished). Keep up your fluids and remember those fruits and veggies. They don't all have to be fresh - they can be frozen or even canned/packaged as long as you get the low sodium or packaged in water rather than fruit juice type. Keep up the good work!! Even though you may be over your calorie goal, you have set that goal for yourself and that in and of itself is progress!!

Keep up the good work!! Don't belittle the progress already made.. inside and out!! You can do this!! Think of your motivators.. perhaps post a photo of your loved ones or a post it simply with your goal weight up at work. A random post it with the number on in will only have meaning to you but perhaps that reminder will help with the snacking!! Plus if you find yourself craving the same thing or the same types of things ie. salty snacks perhaps you need more salt in your diet. Just a side note to look into.

Enjoy this beautiful day!!
  • tambamis
    tambamis Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement!
    As a family we try to eat breakfast and dinner together everyday. I think I've slipped into the routine of "its 5 o'clock so we HAVE to eat dinner, and I HAVE to eat everything they are eating".
    As winter approaches here in Minnesota its tough to find good fresh fruit and veggies to munch on.
    Off to the gym for me!