Recipes

Options
MommyMiles
MommyMiles Posts: 34 Member
Let's share our favorite recipes! I am a HORRIBLE cook, so sorry ladies, I have very few to share. Most are going to be easy crockpot recipes from me! LOL!

Replies

• MommyMiles
    Options
    Chicken No-Tortilla Soup

1 onion, chopped
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    2 teaspoons chili powder
    1 teaspoon cumin
    1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
    1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed chicken broth
    1 1/4 cups water
    1 cup whole corn kernels, cooked
    1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
    1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
    1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
    2 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces
    sliced avocado
    shredded Monterey Jack cheese
    chopped green onions

Directions
    1. In a medium stock pot, heat oil over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic in oil until soft. Stir in chili powder, cumin, tomatoes, broth, and water. Bring to a boil, and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
    2. Stir in corn, chiles, beans, cilantro, and chicken. Simmer for 10 minutes.
    3. Ladle soup into individual serving bowls, and top avocado slices, cheese, and chopped green onion.
  • mamamia05
    mamamia05 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm a crockpot queen myself!!! I'll post some of my fav's asap..
  • melkithall
    melkithall Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Check out this blog for some great recipies. She takes normal favorites and makes them healthier but just as delicious. I've already tried the Skinny Garlic Mashed potatoes and Baked Zucchini Sticks, both were fabulous and well received by the rest of the family. I can't wait to try the Crockpot Chicken Taco Chilli and Spinach Lasagna rolls. She also has desserts and everything. Tonight we're making the Pumpkin Pie Dip, I'll tell you how that was. Anyways, check it out.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/
  • MommyMiles
    Options
    Definately going to check that site out. While on Pinterest I found this site. Might be a lifesaver for us crock pot cookers!!
    http://www.skinnycrockpot.com/
  • mamamia05
    mamamia05 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    luv those sites..I must admit cafemom crockpot group is fantastic as well :-)