Chit Chat Thread Week of Nov 15th

Options
UrbanRunner81
UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
Instead of a daily thread let's do a weekly thread.

So any runs in so far?

I am going to focus on cross training. Today was elliptical and strength training.

Replies

• bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I did a 6 miler on Monday morning. It was gorgeous out here. Had to take advantage of the high 60s and blue sky in Maryland. Gonna hit the gym tonight and do a short run with some added weight training.
  • skemery
    skemery Posts: 100
    Options
    Did a 17.5 miler Monday, an 11 miler today. Paced REALLY slow today, but I'm trying to space longer runs closer together to get my legs ready for Disney. Not sure how I'm going to do back to back races when these two runs two days apart were brutal, though. Planning on some yoga tomorrow and another 11 mile run on Friday, then some kickboxing Saturday (first time since the spring, yeah!)
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm going to run 3 miles today, first run since the half. I'm going to keep up with my long runs on Saturdays so I don't have to start training all over again for my next half in March.

Thats alot of milage skemery! Awesome!!
  • mandy_lynn
    mandy_lynn Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I did 4 today, that puts me at 19 for the week so far. This is by far the most I've ever run in my life!
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I had a great 8 mile run on Saturday....had to take advantage of the beautiful weather here in Wisconsin. Then on Monday I did Jillian's 30 day shred for cross-training but the weather was beautiful again so I did a quick 2.5 mile run in the afternoon. Yesterday I did some interval training (out on the street....love my Garmin for that 'cause I hate to run circles on a track) - I ran a mile to warm up then did 6 intervals of 400m repeats and about another mile to cool down. Today is my day off and I don't know what I'll run for the rest of the week.

I am starting my official training on Saturday (the 19th) for Grandma's Marathon next June. I'm following Hal Higdon's 30 weeks Personal Best program....gonna shoot for a BQ in 2012. :)
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Knee felt alright today, so ran to the running shop (about 2.1 miles) to buy myself a foam roller. Took it easy, walked when I needed to, and it was a crappy run, but I at least made it in one piece without so much as a whisper from the knee, which was good.
  • bjbixler
    bjbixler Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Had to take an extra rest day after my last long run (12 miles) and so I ran 3 miles after work today. I have to fit in my runs this week after work, because I'm working the early (6a-4p) shift. I'm on my feet most of the day too, so these runs always leave me feeling somewhat defeated, because it takes more effort to maintain my usual pace.

8 miles planned for tomorrow (after work again)... hoping the cooler weather that's coming in tonight will make for a nicer run than todays 70s+humidity.

My half marathon is one week from tomorrow! I can almost taste it!
  • ladybug11
    ladybug11 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Still recovering from San Antonio Marathon Sunday. No running for me until this coming Sunday. Sounds like everyone is enjoying the cooler weather!
  • ebaymommy
    Options
    Knee felt alright today, so ran to the running shop (about 2.1 miles) to buy myself a foam roller. Took it easy, walked when I needed to, and it was a crappy run, but I at least made it in one piece without so much as a whisper from the knee, which was good.

I love my foam roller. Best. purchase. ever.
  • ebaymommy
    Options

8 miles planned for tomorrow (after work again)... hoping the cooler weather that's coming in tonight will make for a nicer run than todays 70s+humidity.

My half marathon is one week from tomorrow! I can almost taste it!

Um, 70s + humidity? I admit to being a little jealous...it's supposed to get down to 16 overnight tonight and there were some snowflakes in the sky this afternoon. Brrrrr..

Good luck on your half next week!
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    Ran a 5k on Tuesday after my BodyPump class.
    I am going to do a 5 mile tempo this evening.

Marathon training begins Saturday. Easy 4 miles...
    I feel like that's such a short distance given the fact that I have already ran 3 half marathons but I am going to follow the training plan regardless.
  • bregalad5
    Options

The thing had me nearly in tears so I didn't really finish what I had started (my IT band), but I'll work at it every day and hopefully the efforts will add up over time.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Had to take last week off due to a relentless head cold. Got back to it this past Tuesday with a 5 mile run in NYC, 6.5 miles scheduled for today.

Been running less than a year, weekly miles crept up from 0.3 to about 20, but with the cold weather I plan on focusing on weight training and running 2-3 days/week. Shorter, more intense runs too. Not sure if it's a good plan, but time will tell.
  • ebaymommy
    Options

The thing had me nearly in tears so I didn't really finish what I had started (my IT band), but I'll work at it every day and hopefully the efforts will add up over time.

Yeah, it's a pain-in-a-good-way type of thing. I'm usually half in tears and moaning away while I'm using it and my husband is always like, "Are you OK? Are you sure you're using that thing the right way?"
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options

Yeah, it's a pain-in-a-good-way type of thing. I'm usually half in tears and moaning away while I'm using it and my husband is always like, "Are you OK? Are you sure you're using that thing the right way?"

I'm happy to see all the foam roller love in here. Have one on my holiday wish list...hope the SW gets one for me (SW = Suffering Wife. Haven't been married long enough for her to be counted as Long Suffering Wife)
  • bregalad5
    Options
    Went for another run today (2 miles), and again it was pretty crappy. I have that killer cold that's been going around, and I'm headed into week 2 of it. I think it's worn me out physically more than I thought.

Scheduled to do a 4 mile group run with my training program on Saturday, but I'm tempted to bump myself down a program to #3 and do 3 miles with them. I'll see what my captain thinks - maybe I can get her to run it with me for some encouragement.

On a good note, I ordered another knee brace and am pumped for it to get here so I can try it out. I know, so corny...
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I ran 3.20 miles last night with hills @ a 9.30 pace. I was real pleased with my pace. Plan on 6 miles tomorrow to keep up with my longer runs for my next half in March. I don't want to taper then have to start training all over again, so I am going to keep up with longer runs on Saturday's between 6 to 10 miles. I want a better time for my next half.
  • memobe
    memobe Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I only ended up getting 2 runs in this week. Monday i did 10K, and yesterday 8K. I was called in to work (I work casual) and when that happens I often don't get my runs in. So....today I will be running but not sure how far. could be a TM run. AHHCK!
  • memobe
    memobe Posts: 126 Member
    Options

I have just recently bought a foam roller. I sometimes have calf issues....and wow does it hurt! lol But, yes, in a good way I guess. I haven't used it in a bit....should get it out.

• UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I ran hills yesterday, 3.5 miles. I was just under 10 minute mile. First outside run since my half. My foot feels fine. It doesn't hurt. I am excited to get back to running.