Keeping it off is just as hard!

Options
Hello everyone,

I have been to my goal weight for about 6 months now....Im actually past my end goal and made it to my second goal that i thought i was dreaming if i ever made it here! lol Feels great!!!! I was holding around 146-147 for about 6 months and i thought well, not bad...my goal was 150, but inside i really wanted to be 135-140 like i always was before i had any kids.
All i did to get that scale moving again and drop that last 10lbs was stick to my calorie goal and workouts that i logged on here..i logged everyday, was always in my calories and never missed a workout! It just fell off...it really is important to get enough calories in each day, Really important to Net 1200 CALS everyday no matter what. I thought not eating all my calories was a good idea...figured well i did not eat that much, so why i am i not seeing any change on the scale...but i was working out like crazy..i was not eating enough, sometimes you have to eat to drop the weight, hard to get your head around, but very true!! Good luck everyone!

Replies

• superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I agree! As soon aas I switch my goals to maintenance I get lazy and put on 3-6 pounds. I have reached my original goall of 142,but I would really love to be 135. I turn 35 on December 13th and I would love to bring in my new year at 135 pounds and size 7 jeans. The hard part will be keeping it that way for the rest of my life!
  • TinaLTaylor79
    TinaLTaylor79 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    It is def a challenge to keep it off...Ppl should not look at it as a diet and for now to reach the goal you want, you have to learn to slowly change your eating altogether and know that you will have to continue for always to maintain. Not saying you cant treat yourself sometimes....my treat day is saturday and i eat treats and even have drinks! But because i workout so hard and eat so well 6 other days of the week, i can really enjoy that saturday guilt free and i have been 136 maintaining.
  • mfilanoski
    mfilanoski Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I always find that this is the hardest part maintaining
    right now I'm having a hard time staying within the nutritional boundaries
    and even eating as many calories as suggested its crazy
    when I don't keep track my weight goes up