How much weight have you lost?

Options
2»

Replies

• Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I have now lost 55 pounds (when I enter it tomorrow). In the last couple of months I've noticed that my weight loss no longer shows in a linear way on the scale, which it did for the most part in the beginning. Now, I have weeks of no loss (and even gains, but they aren't real gains), then suddenly, BOOM, I'm two pounds down. So, I don't let the scale be a disappointment. It's not a plateau just because the scale doesn't register a loss.

I've lost 8" off my bust, 9" off my waist, and 8" off my hips since last August. And that's with a month where I let myself be derailed on vacation (not with grain, but with sugar). So, my body is changing fast and I feel awesome.

There's no "finish line" for me. The health improvements are just too awesome to go back to eating garbage. Even if I didn't lose another pound, I'd be eating this way for life.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    About 20 total, but that is from when I was at my max weight in November. Since I really committed to Primal about six weeks ago it's been about 15.

Update this to about 30/25.

Dropping diet sodas and fake sugar had a huge positive effect for me. I'm actually doing an IF today, but otherwise I'm losing weight by exercising and eating well. I'm never hungry or if I am, I eat something.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    I've lost 10 pounds since going Cave lady 1 month ago. I couldn't be happier. I should have taken pictures and measurements, but I didn't know it was going to come off so fast.

The first two weeks when you go on diet are usually dramatic. Once you shed the carbs your body drops a few pounds of water weight immediately.
  • bananapancakebella
    Options

The first two weeks when you go on diet are usually dramatic. Once you shed the carbs your body drops a few pounds of water weight immediately.

True! I'm currently on day five. I weighed myself on the morning of day 4 and had lost 4 pounds. It's all water weight, but it sure is encouraging!
  • bostonwolf
    Options

True! I'm currently on day five. I weighed myself on the morning of day 4 and had lost 4 pounds. It's all water weight, but it sure is encouraging!

Take some measurements too. I do each arm around the bicep, waist at navel, hips, and both thighs. On this diet your weight might plateau but fat will still be getting burned and the measurements will change. Keeps you focused on the bigger picture, IMO.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Ive lost a grand total of 9lbs in 18months, lol! Untill I actively started tracking I was eating about 1400 cals a day, and lost 1lb in 15 months. I bumped that to 1800 and have been losing about 1lb a week!
  • miriamtob
    miriamtob Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I'm in a plateau right now. In november, when I started, I lost 18 lbs in three weeks, then started to creep up because I was going crazy with Paleo baking, joined MFP, got weight back down, but the last 10 lbs don't want to budge.