Something Christmassy

Options
knittnponder
knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
I need a Christmas hat! We're going to our little town's tree lighting and they have a friendly hat competition. This year we decided that we'd all wear Christmas hats (whether we enter the competition or not). As usually happens, I've finished hats for everyone else in my family but am now in need of one for me. I did do one for me but it turned out a little too small and since it's out of an acrylic/wool blend (very little wool) it isn't going to block out any bigger (I tried anyway, didn't work.) So now I am faced with the need for a new hat for myself. The original is a red, green and cream color ski cap style with some color work.

Yes, I could do it again on bigger needles or reconfigure the charts to make it larger but I am afflicted with a little known but wide spread disease: ADOS (Attention Deficit...OOOH SHINY!!!) This disease keeps me from repeating projects. It's very serious, I could die of boredom! So my MFP pals, do you have any cute hat ideas that are Christmassy? I can plot out a chart if it's just a picture of some other hat (or even just a cute design.) It doesn't have to be red, green and cream since I'm going to go buy some actual wool and skip the splitty acrylic stuff I used on the last one. I love snowflakes and the Norwegian style look (also like reindeer, snowmen, trees, etc.) My Ravelry screen name is the same as here (knittnponder ) if you want to look at the projects I've done to get an idea of what I can do.

I'm just stuck! I need to figure it out fast because I have a week until I need it. (Oh and don't fear, the other hat will fit my youngest so it isn't going to waste. She's a hat junkie.) Can you help a girl out?

Replies

• Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I have a snowman hat at home that is for kids. You could (I could not) adjust it for a grown-up person. I could take a look at it and you could see if you could find it on line...or I could fax it to you or something if you are interested. I can grab it at lunch and get the info to you~ it looks like a snowman. It isn't a hat with a picture of a snowman..it's..a snowman. :tongue:
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Cute! If it's not too much trouble I'd love to see it but I don't want to make work for you! :)
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Ok..here we go. It's called Mr. Chill E. Snowman Hat. It's by Lisa Knits..number in the corner is HT-004. I don't know if you can find it on line. It cost me $5 at the yarn shop. But..it's one page only. pic on one side, instructions on the other side. Easy to fax from my office. I'm here for 2 more hours. It's 1 o'clock Michigan time. If you want me to fax it, you can let me know on MFP, or if you want to email me (I'll get that faster) with your fax number: sally.wykes@53.com
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I think Red Heart has a free pattern for a santa hat.
    they have one with a beard too :D

If you go to their site (redheart.com) and click free pattern, then scroll down -- on the right click Holiday
    the santa hat with beard is page 2 and the santa hat is on page 3.
    Both are crochet.

They do have a santa hat to knit as well.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    wow. . . Thank you for the ideas I am going to have to go look. . I just made a red hat with a fuzzy white brim. . but the others sound like so much fun!