2400+ GEO-calories

Options
daydream58
daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
I sure burned a lot of calories caching on pretty steep terrain around UVic and Mount Tolmie, in very windy, wet and cold conditions. I was out for about six hours and did stop for a quick lunch but only logged 4 hours (2 hiking cross country and 2 hiking up hills) and I went ahead and ate (and enjoyed) about 600 of those exercise calories.

Does that seem pretty fair?

Plus the other three cachers I was with are all in much better shape than me, and I really did a great job of keeping up I think. I'm pretty sore even tho I went in the hot tub after. Especially my legs and back. And my feet hurt - maybe because I've lost 30 pounds and my shoes are actually too big for me now! I need to get smaller shoes, but I'm only 45% to goal, so I feel it may be too soon for such an expensive item. Guess there's not much I can do about it tho!

I'm wiped out, that's for sure... But I was 202 lbs. this morning, so hoping this expenditure and deficit help push me into ONEderland a tad ahead of schedule!

Deedee
(DeedeeVI)

Replies

• SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Always have been unsure on exercise numbers for Geocaching because every time is different terrain & such. However, I think that you are pretty much on target logging as hiking across country & hiking up hills. Wish Geocaching was in the database! :)

Keep on Caching!
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I use a HRM to get a more accurate burn figure
  • SixCatFaerie
    Options

Great idea! Not sure of which one to get though, can't afford much right now. :)
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options

Great idea! Not sure of which one to get though, can't afford much right now. :)

Recently brought a Polar FT7 - and am loving it....and it's stats! Picked mine up for a little over £50 from Amazon
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options

Cheap ones to mess around with at least at dealextreme.com I get tons of stuff from them... a percentage of it arrives inoperable, but they only ask for a video showing how it doesn't work and they send another one out right away and never ask for the first one back... so at THAT point I go ahead and take it apart and fix it and end up with two. Pretty cool.
  • SixCatFaerie
    Options
    Thank you dcmat & daydream58 for the great advice! :flowerforyou: