Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Last-Chance-Workout Thursdays!

drjennelle
drjennelle Posts: 138 Member
hi bootcampers!

i hope you have been enjoying your first week of bootcamp! :smile:

as this program was adapted from a biggest loser online program, we tend to think of thursdays as our "last chance workout" (LCW) before friday's weigh-in! for those of you that are unfamiliar with LCWs, the goal is to push yourself just a little bit harder than usual, do a little but more, and sweat it all out - as this is your LAST chance to burn those calories before weigh-in!

my LCW is a double workout! i do a short intense workout in the morning (15-25 minute HIIT workout - high intensity interval training), followed by my Turbo Kick class at 6:30. i go ALL OUT and push myself as much as i can in both of these workouts! after an LCW day like this, i can step on that scale feeling proud of what i've done!

so - what's your LCW going to be?? :bigsmile:

Replies

• I think mine will be Day 2 of the 30 day shred, and a run/jog of at least 30 minutes,.....if it isn't rainy, we may get flurries tonight.
    I like the idea of Friday morning weigh ins,.....lets you reward yourself a little on the weekend if the results are good,.....OR.....gives you a red light warnign not to fall off the plan dring the weekend !

Good Luck everyone
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    I'm 1.5 lbs away from a 15lb loss and I REALLY want to see that tomorrow!

15 pounds in one week?
  • MermaidFaith
    good to know! yesterday i did a double workout, level 2 and 1 of 30DS, but today i only did level 2 and a routine on the wii biggest loser. I did not get on the computer until after my workout to be reminded about LCW. now i guess i will have to exercise when i get off work too! good luck everyone!
  • gdb86
    gdb86 Posts: 126 Member
    Hi all! I didn't sleep that well last night so it made me a littttle sluggish today, but since it's LCW I did Level 2 of the 30DS (which I altered a bit because I have a bad knee), but the important part is regardless of how much I was having "just one of those days" I did it anyway even if it wasn't my most intense workout. YESTERDAY on the other hand, I was feeling on fire and pushed myself a little harder on the treadmill and ran at 8.0 for a bit! Wha-hoo! (I know we're focusing on what we're doing for today), but I wanted to mention that sometimes you have those AMAZING days and sometimes it's just DOING something instead of making excuses that can be the "extra push" so for me that was it!

I hope everyone else is having a great time w/ bootcamp and counting their points! I know I am! (Is it bad that I get excited at the end of the day to log in my points on my spread sheet? haha)
  • nelsons417
    nelsons417 Posts: 10 Member
    Nicole and I did the LCW with Just Dance (Kinect) and Dance Central!! It's great having a good friend to dance with!
  • drjennelle
    drjennelle Posts: 138 Member
    sounds like everyone really took LCW day by storm! and just like geri says - it's just staying mindful and doing something more than you would have in the past - doesn't have to be a crazy double workout like i've put on myself :wink: i am proud of ALL of us for really pushing this week! i know we'll all see it on the scale :)
  • Nicole and I did the LCW with Just Dance (Kinect) and Dance Central!! It's great having a good friend to dance with!

Sandy and I did a kick *kitten* LCW last night! So much fun!
  • i am new and behind a few weeks is that okay?
  • MermaidFaith
    everyone have a great LCW day, enjoy the felling you get when you are finished with your workout! I'm always amazed at how much better i feel afterwards. thanks for the motivation everyone looking forward to seeing all of your points tomorrow :)
  • Im sorry I have not been supportive lately. Haven't been up to the challenge lately. Will anyone be doing this bootcamp again? I feel like im not up to the challenge right now. :(
  • MermaidFaith
    Im sorry I have not been supportive lately. Haven't been up to the challenge lately. Will anyone be doing this bootcamp again? I feel like im not up to the challenge right now. :(

hey how about you just do the water calorie and logging part? maybe the vitamin? something is better than nothing! just skip the exercise if its too much for you
  • MermaidFaith
    ohhhh man, i sure do have a lot of Zeros on my spreadsheet this week! happy holidays lol
  • How is everyone doing? Still sticking with this wonderful program?! I miss you all dearly and I'm so proud of each of you for sticking with this program until the end! Kick some *kitten*!!!! <3
  • Im sorry I have not been supportive lately. Haven't been up to the challenge lately. Will anyone be doing this bootcamp again? I feel like im not up to the challenge right now. :(

hey how about you just do the water calorie and logging part? maybe the vitamin? something is better than nothing! just skip the exercise if its too much for you

I like this idea! I always tend to do too much at once and right now I have too much going on with me physically and mentally. I think slowly adding in water then logging then exercise is a great idea! thanks!