Tall Friends?

Options
Jenn152
Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
Hey ladies! One of my dear friends growing up has just joined us (ajstout652), and this lead me to thinking about how blessed I was to grow up with a friend who was tall like me! :happy: We are still very close (albeit she lives in FL and I live in Chicago) and I am so thankful for her to be my partner in Tallness as a kid. Granted my entire family is tall too, so I wasn't the odd one out, but in school it was different. Growing up all of our girl friends were very short (like 5'0-5'3), so we stuck out in a crowd to say the least! lol thank God for sports! :laugh: Where we shined and excelled!

Fast forward about 10 years, and one of my best friends here in Chicago is about 6'0 also. So, I feel so blessed to have found my tall 'soulmates' :bigsmile:

What about you ladies? Any of you blessed to have your female soulmates in this Tall Journey? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I have ! My best friend and soul sister is about 5'11". Her bf is 6'5" and mine is 6'7" so needless to say when its double date night lots of people stare!
  • Jenn152
    Options
    I have ! My best friend and soul sister is about 5'11". Her bf is 6'5" and mine is 6'7" so needless to say when its double date night lots of people stare!

I :heart: that! Yay for rocking the Tall Gene Proudly! :bigsmile:
  • ajstout652
    ajstout652 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    :happy: Thanks Jen! My awkward phases were hard enough, but I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't been there! Dating a 5'9" guy probably didn't help! LOL! And now in FL I am marrying into a large Greek family whom are definitely NOT known for their height advantages. LOL! Thank goodness I feel comfortable enough in my skin to be loving my life surrounded by a loving bubble of shorties!
  • ajstout652
    ajstout652 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! One of my dear friends growing up has just joined us (ajstout652), and this lead me to thinking about how blessed I was to grow up with a friend who was tall like me! :happy: We are still very close (albeit she lives in FL and I live in Chicago) and I am so thankful for her to be my partner in Tallness as a kid. Granted my entire family is tall too, so I wasn't the odd one out, but in school it was different. Growing up all of our girl friends were very short (like 5'0-5'3), so we stuck out in a crowd to say the least! lol thank God for sports! :laugh: Where we shined and excelled!

Fast forward about 10 years, and one of my bests friends here in Chicago is about 6'0 also. So, I feel so blessed to have found my tall 'soulmates' :bigsmile:

What about you ladies? Any of you blessed to have your female soulmates in this Tall Journey? :flowerforyou:

:happy: Thanks Jen! My awkward phases were hard enough, but I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't been there! Dating a 5'9" guy probably didn't help! LOL! And now in FL I am marrying into a large Greek family whom are definitely NOT known for their height advantages. LOL! Thank goodness I feel comfortable enough in my skin to be loving my life surrounded by a loving bubble of shorties! (P.S I know I posted that twice...I'm learning how to use this site...lol)
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I didnt have any tall friends throughout school or university but one of my best friends is 5'10" and a similar size/build to me (WIN- we can share clothes/shoes)

I have a speight of male friends who are 6'4" :o)
  • pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    my best friend is about 5'2... haha! but i love her dearly! my tallest friend is about 5'8"... even their boyfriends are only about 5'11 at most, so within our group i'm ALWAYS THE TALLEST! south texas is not the best place to be if you're looking for a tall man lol or girl, really.
  • Jenn152
    Options
    I didnt have any tall friends throughout school or university but one of my best friends is 5'10" and a similar size/build to me (WIN- we can share clothes/shoes)

I have a speight of male friends who are 6'4" :o)

yeah the sharing clothes thing is great! i had a roommate in college who was 6'0 and we had double the closet because we were the same size. talk about awesomeness! and yeah, i have TONS of male friends who are giants!
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    One of my best friends growing up was an inch taller than me, but all my other friends were and are shorter. My mom is my best friend; she's taller. :tongue:
  • ekolson
    Options
    i LOVE this group/thread!!! i am 6'1" and i had some tall friends during middle school, but once i had a huge growth spurt i pretty much outgrew everyone. i think i was the tallest girl in my high school! yikes! i can't share pants with ANYONE. tops are ok sometimes, but seriously, long-sleeved shirts? what are those?! all mine i just push up because they don't reach my wrists haha

i have to share this though, I have been wanting jeggings for ever, but of course no stores carried long ones, but i found some! they're AWESOME. i wish they had them in more colors. you can find them at www.loft.com! i got mine on sale for like $33! they are so comfy, i wish i couse wear them every day.

if you guys see any single tall boys send them to illinois!
  • ekolson
    Options
    i'm part greek! all my family in greece is tall! you're going to have gorgeous tall babies ;)
  • trishajo82
    trishajo82 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My bff for almost 15 years is right under 6 feet - but we've had a "long distance" BFF-ship our whole lives, she lives in Utah, and I've lived all over througout the last 15 yrs. So it's not like we've had the chance to share clothes or anything when younger. But we talk every single day and I heart her.

My freshman yr roomate in college is 6' tall - which was a super weird coinkidink to show up and have your stranger of a dorm roomate be hugely tall like me - that rocked! What are the odds? lol

Otherwise I've mainly had short friends. And always felt like a big giant sore thumb sticking out when going to bars, etc when younger!! Sucked!! :cry:

BUT, since starting my new job up here when we moved, my new work-bff is delightfully 6 feet tall!! She's super skinny and only wants to loose about 15 lbs or so - but we both are ex-jocks, so we have that in common and can relate. We're both doing C25K right now so we're supporting each other! SOOOO good to have someone tall that can relate to all things tall-ness!!

AjSTOUT- you are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! You and Mz. Glamazon Jenn make quite the beautimus bff pair!!! :heart:
  • Jenn152
    Options
    i have to share this though, I have been wanting jeggings for ever, but of course no stores carried long ones, but i found some! they're AWESOME. i wish they had them in more colors. you can find them at www.loft.com! i got mine on sale for like $33! they are so comfy, i wish i couse wear them every day.

if you guys see any single tall boys send them to illinois!

Illinois does kinda suck for tall men... anytime i went out with my girlfriends... i was alway the tallest PERSON in the bar... let alone the tallest woman. lol. luckily i snagged my man out in the burbs and he is 6'3 :heart:

ANNNNND! i got jeggings from old navy! Longs... black ones and dark washed jean ones. I LOVE THEM!!! I seriously would wear them every day too!
    AjSTOUT- you are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! You and Mz. Glamazon Jenn make quite the beautimus bff pair!!!

It is pretty awesome when we go out together... hahaha guys dont know what to do with themselves. We have an equally stunning friend who is 5'8 who we travel with. We all went to Vegas in 2008... WATCH OUT! awesomeness~ (I had dyed my hair a dark red btw... lol im on the left)

30b1wf8.jpg
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I'm about 6'1" and my best friend from college is 6'2" and we were connected immediately! Like the second we met at our first meeting (I'm from here in WA and she is from AZ where we met). Other than that, all my friends are shorties haha! I always feel like the mother hen with all my little chickies in pictures!

My dad's whole side of the family is tall though. My aunts (his sisters) are 5'10", my uncle is 6'7", my sister is the shortest at 5'8" then we are between 6'1" and 6'4". It is HILARIOUS when we go out to dinner when we are all together! LOTS of stares

Now if any of you find a tall country boy feel free to send him to WA! :wink:
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I almost feel left out. I don't think I've had a friend over 5'7". Most of them seem to be between 5'2 - 5'5" - gotta love them. I'm a good 5 inches taller than either of my parents and my sister... Milkman???
  • trishajo82
    trishajo82 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm about 6'1" and my best friend from college is 6'2" and we were connected immediately! Like the second we met at our first meeting (I'm from here in WA and she is from AZ where we met). Other than that, all my friends are shorties haha! I always feel like the mother hen with all my little chickies in pictures!

My dad's whole side of the family is tall though. My aunts (his sisters) are 5'10", my uncle is 6'7", my sister is the shortest at 5'8" then we are between 6'1" and 6'4". It is HILARIOUS when we go out to dinner when we are all together! LOTS of stares

kkauz I had to move to Texas for 7 years to find my 6'6" country boy!! LOL They grow 'em short up here in the North!!!
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options

kkauz I had to move to Texas for 7 years to find my 6'6" country boy!! LOL They grow 'em short up here in the North!!!

Damn...tell him to ship some friends out here! Lol
  • pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options

Damn...tell him to ship some friends out here! Lol

me too please? even though I AM in Texas lol. The tall guys here (South Texas) like SHORT girls.. ugh.
  • jenniferhe
    jenniferhe Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My tall friends consisted of my sisters while growing up. I did have other great friends who are practically sisters but they were at the tallest 5'6". Once in college I've had the opportunity to connect with other Tall women which has been awesome!
  • Jenn152
    Options
    i think i always got lucky when it came to having tall women around me (my family and the close friends i had who were my height through the years). i think it lead to me being so well adjusted and confident as a tall adult woman!