Sweet Ideas

Options
I have an idea ladies, and DH loves it when I do this. I try not to do it too often so that it is still "special".

Sometimes when I make his lunch, I hide a note inside it. It's usually just something short, telling him how much I appreciate how hard he works for our family, how much I love him, etc. I started doing it when we are dating and I try to still do it once in a while. I just did it yesterday as a matter of fact.

Do you have any ideas for nice things to do for your husband?

Replies

• wifeyy
    wifeyy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Great idea .. i must try it.!
  • sadye58
    Options
    I havent done it in awhile but since i make it home first I use to have his bath water ready and towels/pj laid out in the bathroom.
    Also, breakfast in bed and send text messages to him while at work throughout the day.
  • tiffanepiphany
    tiffanepiphany Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I do send sweet text messages and when we were dating I would hide notes in his wallet. But this brings up something I've been struggling with. He doesn't eat a very good breakfast in the morning and forgets to pack his lunch. I'd like to help with that, but he leaves the house between 5:15-5:30am. I'm not a morning person AT ALL-- but do you think it would be worth it to get up at 5am to make sure he has everything? Even though he says not to because he wants me to get my rest. Keep in mind, I'm a grad student as well and have to stay up a little late sometimes to finish assignments.

What are your suggestions? I hate to highjack your orginal question joonzgurl! Forgive me!
  • joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options
    I do send sweet text messages and when we were dating I would hide notes in his wallet. But this brings up something I've been struggling with. He doesn't eat a very good breakfast in the morning and forgets to pack his lunch. I'd like to help with that, but he leaves the house between 5:15-5:30am. I'm not a morning person AT ALL-- but do you think it would be worth it to get up at 5am to make sure he has everything? Even though he says not to because he wants me to get my rest. Keep in mind, I'm a grad student as well and have to stay up a little late sometimes to finish assignments.

What are your suggestions? I hate to highjack your orginal question joonzgurl! Forgive me!

no worries!

i would not go all out and get up at 5am! No way, LOL! I love my sleep too much! I would however pack his lunch for him the night before, put it in the fridge, and set his stuff out for him
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I have an idea ladies, and DH loves it when I do this. I try not to do it too often so that it is still "special".

Sometimes when I make his lunch, I hide a note inside it. It's usually just something short, telling him how much I appreciate how hard he works for our family, how much I love him, etc. I started doing it when we are dating and I try to still do it once in a while. I just did it yesterday as a matter of fact.

Do you have any ideas for nice things to do for your husband?

lol! I'm laughing because I once put a random note under the lid of our toilet. He saw he first thing when he woke up. Yeah I'm weird but he liked it! :laugh:
  • wifeyy
    wifeyy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    i'm planing to leave the kids with my mum and go on a CINAMA date with my husband this sunday! cant wait to feel like a teen dating again. ;-)
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I made him fresh coffee and breakfast and served it to him in bed. He's up before me most days, and brings me coffee in bed, so I like to wake up early now and than and make him breakfast.
    Also more often than not, I try to have a meal waiting for him to eat, even though I have to work in the evening. Don't care for him coming home to an empty house and no food ready.
  • yoshi91610
    yoshi91610 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    no worries!

i would not go all out and get up at 5am! No way, LOL! I love my sleep too much! I would however pack his lunch for him the night before, put it in the fridge, and set his stuff out for him

That's a good idea, and thats what I do sometimes