New company policy penalizing smokers and the obese

Options
2»

Replies

• Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Our company is promoting quitting smoking techniques. I think it's wrong to raise rates without providing help to quit smoking.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    First they came for the smokers, and I didn't say anything because I'm not a smoker
    Then they came for the fatties, and I didn't say anything because I'm not fat
    Then they came for me, and by that time all the fun loving, cigarette smoking, fat *kitten* who might have defended me were already gone.

THIS made my day!
  • mikajoanow
    mikajoanow Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    First they came for the smokers, and I didn't say anything because I'm not a smoker
    Then they came for me, and by that time all the fun loving, cigarette smoking, fat *kitten* who might have defended me were already gone.
    That is about it.
    I am not a smoker (anymore) but I have to wonder. Where would this end?
    Smokers? Fat people? Women? Old people? We are all at risk. And once the smokers are
  • Tegan74
    Tegan74 Posts: 202
    Options

THIS

Its already happened to a friend of mine. She works for the state and they told her to lose weight or they'd raise the cost of her insurance. Then didnt do a freaking thing to 'help' her drop weight. Nor do they take into account the health issues she has that would make exercise difficult, they dont offer nutrition classes, nothing. Just drop the weight or pay more $$
    Insurance Co's are the greediest bunch ever! Its a multi-billion $$ industry and they dont give a rats rear end about anything but making more $$