Stretch Marks

Options
Hi TALL Ladies, ***I LOVE THIS GROUP!***

This is kind of gross, but how many of you got stretch marks as you were growing up? I have them on the lower half of my back, hips and some on my stomach all from the ages of 12-14. I remember growing almost 2 inches per year in grade school. Anyways I was always very self concious of them growing up but have learned to just accept that they will always be there so I better learn to love them. I don't know if other TALL ladies have experienced this as well?

Replies

• jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I have them too. Some are just from growing and some are from getting fat. I hate having anyone see me close up in a bikini or even a tank top
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Yeah- I got them from growing (backs of knees, breasts, upper arms) and then from getting fat.

they suck!!!
  • Jenn152
    Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    i have them on my breasts and my pouch area from putting on too much weight too quickly... i was lucky, i grew at a pretty steady pace when i was young.... so i didnt get any stretch marks from a growth spurt.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I have them from growing up... I have them on my upper arms, breasts, tummy, big time on my hips and I have them on my pouch like I had a baby but I've never been pregnant before. They are mostly light now except for the ones on my tummy, those are the most recent and are pink now but fading fast!
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Yes, I too have them. Back of knees, arms, boobs and belly. Funny, I didn't get any new ones when I was pregnat (17 years ago)...
  • SuperStorm
    SuperStorm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have them EVERYWHERE
    My body looks like a road map LOL
    Some are from growing, some are from gaining, some of them I got due to a medical issue when I was 12...ugh
    I even have that pouch with no baby to show for it too
    So glad I've found the tall stretchy girls ;)
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    big time! I have them from my mid thighs up to my waist. also at the back of my knees. My growth spurt was also between 12 and 14. I hate them, but there is nothing I can do about them.
  • paulcer
    paulcer Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I reached my full height at 13 then my womanly figure by 14. I guess I've never really hated my stretch marks, they're a part of me by now. It's hard to hate my skin as it does such a good job keeping my insides in and the outside out.

My ex husband called the ones on my hips my "tiger stripes" he thought they were cool.

Nice guy that one.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options

My ex husband called the ones on my hips my "tiger stripes" he thought they were cool.

I've got some tiger stripes, on my hips and on my inner thighs. I think they are from gaining weight, not growing. Mine have been fading over time.

*ROAR*
  • TrillianJones
    TrillianJones Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have them around the sides of my hips - I've had them since I was a teenager and, even though I certainly wasn't skinny then, I also wasn't overweight. I did have a sudden growth spurt when I was about 14, so I guess they're from then.
  • TrillianJones
    TrillianJones Posts: 14 Member
    Options

I've got some tiger stripes, on my hips and on my inner thighs. I think they are from gaining weight, not growing. Mine have been fading over time.

*ROAR*

^ This. :happy:

My hubby doesn't mind mine at all, he thinks I'm making a big deal about nothing when I mention them.
  • bt_13_21
    bt_13_21 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I got some a little bit while growing up too. On my breasts and the back of my hips. They are very faded now (whitish) and I don't think anyone would be able to see them. I didn't get any while pregnant, lucked out there.
  • OneLuckyRabbit
    OneLuckyRabbit Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am actually pretty lucky in this department. I have some on my breasts and hips, but I am so pale that I can't even tell unless I am searching for them. If I ever have kids, though...
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    The only stretch marks I got from growing was on my knees. This is odd to me! I remember having the worst growing pains in my feet and legs at an early age. I hope my daughter doesn't have to deal with that!

Now pregnancy on the other hand riddled me in stretch marks from 2 inches above my belly button down to mid calves. My boobs didn't grow (grr) so no marks there. My body sucks! But I'm making the best of it :tongue: