Dating / Relationships

Options
Hi everyone :)

I wanted to find out if your eczema has affected your ability to have intimate relationships?

I was in a long distance relationship before so my bf didnt have to deal w my eczema all the time. and luckily for me, most of the time when we met, it was okay and under control.

anyway i've recently started dating again and for the past few months my eczema has been BAD. i'm basically scratching myself raw every night and my skin is rough, patchy and filled with marks. :S

i'm already super self-conscious making sure that he doesn't see my disgusting arms - (hard in the middle of summer!) but something will have to give soon. ( we've been on 5 dates :)

i've had people tell me in the past that i'm exaggerating how bad it is, which really upset me, and so i almost dont want to tell him...

how have you been able to overcome this?

thanks!

Replies

• ardavis23
    ardavis23 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have extremely bad eczema! But I am very carful with it, especially now that I am older and dating and what not.

People have seen me on my worst breakouts, and they have all come to be okay with it.

DO NOT SCRATCH!! If you feel like you have to, get some moisturizer and rub it on that area…I tend to rub extra hard with the lotions to make it feel better
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    :(

i moisturise twice a day. first thing in the morning and before i go to bed. and on my face throughout the day cos its just so dry and scaly!

and i'm too vain to cut my nails hehhehe