What was your wake up call?

Options
Kmarr32010
Kmarr32010 Posts: 244 Member
Just thinking that it'd be nice to get to know each other better. So, what was your wake up call that started you on your weightloss journey? Mine was a picture that was taken of me and my son on his field trip at the end of the school year last year. I couldn't believe how big I had let myself get! So, that's what started my journey. So what started yours?

Replies

• Platoonmom2004
    Options
    I can't really pin point a specific thing that made me start. One day I was ready to start. I was lucky enough to have found the MFP app on my phone and that gave me motivation to get it done. I have now been on here for a month and feel so much better. A week ago I joined the gym and along with my heathy(for the most part) eating I am hoping this journey will get me to where I am healthy and active again. I have been overweight since middle school, so I feel like this would be a first for me. I have a great support team at work and all the MFP people, so I know I can accomplish this goal!!
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    There was no light bulb moment for me. I have been yo-yoing for years. After each pregnancy I got bigger and stayed that way. I have been over 200 pounds for a few years. I have been a couch potato, not wanting to do anything, dress like a bum, because I hate buying clothes. My facebook friend told me about the site and after logging what I really ate for a few days, I was grossed out. I was eating over 3000 calories a day. So, I started doing what MFP said to do and slowly started working out, and the first 20 pounds fell off super fast. As for pictures, I never was in them. I avoided it always, I just was the one who took the pictures. After losing a few pounds and I noticed I can do more, and felt so much better...

With the weather getting colder, I am slipping into my couch potato ways again. I need to get motivated to work out again, but it is just so cold, I don't want to leave the house. lol I found the App, and I find myself on MFP more than any other site. lol I love the people here, and the friends I have made. I am so thankful for this site!