Compression sock/sleeves

Options
fsu326
fsu326 Posts: 39 Member
Why do runners use these? How are they helpful?

Replies

• mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I asked the same thing when I first started running. I use compression socks, mainly because I run in a minimalist shoe, which is harder on my calves, the compression helps keep any swelling at bay and keeps my circulation better because I have issues with my feet going numb.

On the Sleeves, I have just started using them and LOVE them, mainly, because in the fall it's cold when I start out and warm when I finish, the sleeves are much easier to take off and less bulky than a full jacket. I also like them for the color contrast and it creates a better safety factor on me since I run on narrow roads.
  • irunforfun
    irunforfun Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Same as the previous poster.

I love the compression socks especially. I had a foot injury as the result of wearing shoes during my first marathon (I'm now a barefoot runner), and I find even running barefoot compression socks help with my ligament injury in my foot as it continues to heal.

The arm sleeves, for me...are just another fun accessory. I wear mostly long sleeve shirts (in the winter)/tanks in the summer when I run, so don't find them completely nessesary.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Ladies! The compression pantyhose/tights that you can buy in supermarkets actually has some small effect! If you don't want the inconvenience of wearing big thick running tights during post workout recovery or can't more than anything these are ideal as a lower grade substitute, left my legs feeling really refreshed and not sore!