Welcome!

Options
chanstriste13
chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
i'm stacy, 34 and in winston salem. i grew up in matthews (southeast of charlotte) until i went to the nc school of the arts for college. prior to that i flunked out of ecu twice - but i love greenville territory! while i was at ncsa, i was also lucky to play in the summer festival orchestra in manteo for 3 summers running - i *love* the outer banks. i'm also a boone junkie. my husband went to asu, and my family and some close friends have been going up there every year to get our christmas trees for the last 25 years or so - in fact, christmas tree day is right around the corner - december 3 this year!

can't wait to meet ya'll! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• mvilla2426
    Options
    Hi!! **waves**

I'm Martina. I live in Robeson County, NC. I was born and raised in Atlanta, GA and moved up here in 2007. I'm still trying to get used to it-- the area where I live is a lot different than the ATL!!

I'm happy you started this group though!! Can't wait to meet you all!!
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    Hi!! **waves**

I'm Martina. I live in Robeson County, NC. I was born and raised in Atlanta, GA and moved up here in 2007. I'm still trying to get used to it-- the area where I live is a lot different than the ATL!!

hey! a lot of my family is from pembroke and lumberton - my parents went to pembroke state! well, unc-p, now! i bet it is waaay different than atlanta for sure! did you move for work or school or what?
  • mvilla2426
    Options
    Hi!! **waves**

hey! a lot of my family is from pembroke and lumberton - my parents went to pembroke state! well, unc-p, now! i bet it is waaay different than atlanta for sure! did you move for work or school or what?

I live across the street from UNCP.

No, My Mom died back in 2007. At the time I was taking care of her in the daytime-- and in the evening, helping out with my roommate. My roommate was a post-polio and paralyzed as a result. I lived there rent free in exchange for helping her out, putting her into bed, helping her use the bathroom and wipe, things like that. But she called me evil for my religious choice (I'm Wiccan) and the daytime helper actually was hitting me and such. It was a bad situation.

I got the call from Dexter's Mom asking me to move up here. Dexter (I'll explain about him in a minute) was living with his Mom in Maxton and she was in poor health, so I moved up here since I was living in a bad situation.

Dexter is my best friend. He is also my ex-boyfriend, but we get along better than most married couples do. We moved to Pembroke (his cousin took over caring for his Mom) from Maxton in 2010.
  • Strobins05
    Options
    Hi! Here in the Piedmont/ mountain area. Live 20 mins from Charlotte and work in Kings Mountain. Been here almost 17 years and love it! The mountains are so beautiful right now. i will have to post pics soon. Going to run a 5K tomorrow morning in Spencer Mountain. Should be super cold but uber fun! Keep in touch!
  • shangunnell
    Options
    Hi, I'm in Mount Airy...love the mountains..love to ride the Harley on the parkway for miles
  • sunshine421969
    sunshine421969 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Teresa from Newton,NC..which is about 45 mins.from Charlotte.I have lived here most of my life.Have lived in TN&SC short periods in my younger days.I have ran 4- 5ks and want to run more in 2012.I have to start over b/c I have only ran twice in 2 months.I have to get caught back up.I enjoy running and plan to move up to a half marathon by spring,(I hope).
  • ezBrizy
    ezBrizy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I'm a Charlotte, NC native...I love my city. Walking the greenways when the weather's nice is one of my favorite activities.
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Hello group, my name is Gary & I live in Hickory,NC. I lived in Wilmington for a while, but mostly here. I'm glad to meet some fellow NC MFP'ers! I've been overweight all my life with the worst being that I peaked @ 665lbs:sad: :blushing: . I joined MFP in March of this year & I've now lost 220+ pounds since then:noway: . I love eating right & working out now. Any questions or comments, hit me up @ any time. Have a good one!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Mindy1124
    Mindy1124 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Mindy and I moved to Durham, NC about 6 months ago from SC. I was raised in CT though. Trying to get a feel for NC, what there is to do, and meet some people in this state!

Also - trying to get on track and get healthy! Hoping MFP can help with that :-)
  • lme0627
    lme0627 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good mornng! My name is Leslie and I just started MFP a few months ago but just got serious last week about my health. I have done WW in past and had a lot of success about 11 years ago but have always had food addictions all my life. Last few years I have been battling things and food is my comfort.

I live in Raleigh and have for the past 21 years. However I grew up on the NC coast in a little town called Oriental- which is a bit of paradise especially after all the hustle in Raleigh/Triangle area. I still go home often to visit family. Staci- I went to ECU also (many moons ago) and barely graduated-ha!

I hope everyone is ready for a great Thanksgiving in NC! We are actually staying at home this year. I think we are going to a local cafeteria and I gotta say I think it will be great- I will not overeat and nibble all day on snacks!

Leslie
  • cdgliz
    cdgliz Posts: 16
    Options
    Hey everyone. Representing the beach for NC in Hampstead/Surf City. Born in Milwaukee WI, moved to Jackson Mississippi in '84 and Wilmington NC in 2001.

Been on here for a little bit and really love having a place to talk about goals, set backs and successes! So great to have people who are going through the same thing to keep you motivated!
  • TRIMoses59
    TRIMoses59 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Renee' and I live in Mt. Holly, I was born in Hickory,NC but was raised in Gaston Co. I am a 52 year old mother of one daughter 20 years old. I am also newly married and raising my 15 year old step daughter.I recently went back to college and graduated with my BA from Belmont Abbey.
    I have battled with my weight all my life and lost. This time I will claim victory and will win this battle. I am excited to be apart of this group and hope to get to know each and everyone of you! Please feel free to add me as a friend and we can support one another.
  • winodini
    winodini Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm another coastal NC'r, in Swansboro, NC.

I'm working on the 100 mile December challenge currently, and have my first 5K in Jacksonville, NC this upcoming saturday!
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    I'm another coastal NC'r, in Swansboro, NC.

I'm working on the 100 mile December challenge currently, and have my first 5K in Jacksonville, NC this upcoming saturday!

ooohh...exciting! good luck to you!
  • Sallycinnimon
    Sallycinnimon Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! I'm from the Conover/Hickory area. =) LOOVVVEE it here.
  • sarahlovestorun
    sarahlovestorun Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm Sarah and live in Raleigh. Woohoo for NC!
  • lisaclaudine
    lisaclaudine Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi,Im Lisa and live in Gaston Co near Crowders Mtn. I am 35 with a 9month old boy. So far I have lost 60+ pounds and hoping to loose alittle more and KEEP IT OFF THIS TIME! I'm originally from NJ but love The Carolinas!
  • smalltownhero
    smalltownhero Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Jessica.. 30, from Rutherford County....

I found this group and thought I would join to meet some people somewhat near me...

Feel free to add me :)
  • dmplz123
    dmplz123 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey Y'all!!! love my NC'ers :flowerforyou: I am a native Charlottean. I love our Greenways especially in the spring and fall. Those are the most beautiful seasons in NC no matter what part you live in. We have great places for bike trails too which i love to do.
  • Chiquitaboric7
    Chiquitaboric7 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Mindy and I moved to Durham, NC about 6 months ago from SC. I was raised in CT though. Trying to get a feel for NC, what there is to do, and meet some people in this state!

Also - trying to get on track and get healthy! Hoping MFP can help with that :-)

What part of CT? I just moved from there 2 years ago. I was born/raised in Stamford but I lived pretty much from Greenwich up to Middletown up and down I-95