Did gaining or loosing weight affect your relationship?

Options
wifeyy
wifeyy Posts: 487 Member
Just wondering. My hubby is really into bodybuilding and eating healthy so me being overweight is not ideal lol
but he understand because of having our baby girl i gained so much. but i can't wait to lose those pound i have gained!

Replies

• JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    My husband has seen and loved me at every weight stage in my life.. LOL.. From being big in HS, losing way too much weight, to being where I am right now.. He tells me all the time that I don't need to lose weight but that if it's something I want to do then he'll support me... Honestly, it really is for me.. I hate feeling down, depressed,and not good about myself when I'm not in my ideal weight range...
  • tiffanepiphany
    tiffanepiphany Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I sometimes get a little insecure, which we all know has the potential to affect the relationship, but its been minimal. My husband is in really good shape as well, and I'll just be really happy when I get to the point where there's no doubt he looks at my body in the same way I look at his thinking "Damn, I'm so lucky"...
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I know my husband loves me but yes it does affect our relationship. It's my fault too. I'm not as energetic, less friendly, and the list goes on. Now that I'm losing weight I am gettting my self-esteem back and feeling more confident. This alone has helped tremendously. :happy:
  • joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options
    I know my husband loves me but yes it does affect our relationship. It's my fault too. I'm not as energetic, less friendly, and the list goes on. Now that I'm losing weight I am gettting my self-esteem back and feeling more confident. This alone has helped tremendously. :happy:

This pretty much sums things up for us as well. :-)
  • yoshi91610
    yoshi91610 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    It does affect our relationship because I am always down on myself. I just am not a happy person so he tries to make me happy but it just makes him tired you know? But when I exercise and eat healthier he says I act completely different because I am doing something to make myself better.

Physically he loves me regardless what I look like, but when its all rolled up together he would prefer me to be happy and healthy.
  • toshi89
    toshi89 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My husband has seen and loved me at every weight stage in my life.. LOL.. From being big in HS, losing way too much weight, to being where I am right now.. He tells me all the time that I don't need to lose weight but that if it's something I want to do then he'll support me... Honestly, it really is for me.. I hate feeling down, depressed,and not good about myself when I'm not in my ideal weight range...

You summed it up. My boo loves me regardless of how big or small I am(though he'd rather me not get too small. lol. He like s curves & thickness) But it's me that always feels down about it. Guess we need to work on self esteem as well.
  • mrsjames23
    Options
    My husband and I are both overweight. Our family blood lines are not very clean either. This doesnt affect our relationship, but I constantly worry about our health...heart problems, diabetes, cancer runs in both families and that is why we've decided to start eating healthier. Also, we want our future kids to be healthy, so were starting now!
  • mrsjames23
    Options
    I love that eating better and being active makes you feel better mentally and physically! I think attitude about working out and eating right has always stopped me, but when I do it, its amazing how much better I feel! My trainer has told me to remember that feeling vs. the feeling you have after you eat a fatty meal and dont do anything all day...the healthy active way is a much better feeling....now we just have to keep doing it :)