Random stuff

Options
laurenk182004
laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
So, what are some of the things you guys find most difficult to stick with? For me, right now it's just about everything lol but worst of all is exercise. I don't even bother atm, and I need to start.

Replies

• KenziesMomma11
    KenziesMomma11 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Exercise has been hard but I got a REALLY old model elliptical today off of craigs list and I'm going to try and use it for a total of 20-30 minutes a day.

FOOD! If I get upset I instantly want something terrible.....fast food....chinese delivery...pizza delivery...the funkier, the better!
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    ugh me too...My husband says his parents have a treadmill they never use and he's supposed to ask them if we can borrow it. I think I could be motivated to walk on that for 30 mins a day, versus having to bundle up my daughter and walk at a snails pace on the road lol
  • KenziesMomma11
    Options
    yea! if you can put it near a tv it will help alot. you can walk during your favorite shows, or put on music channels.
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    space wise I think it's gonna have to go downstairs in the basement..which might not be too bad because I can get away from my daughter after my husband comes home and have a little peace and quiet lol It's not nasty down there or anything lol it's all finished off, but we have just been using it for storage

so when did u get the eliptical? Been sticking with it?
  • Vnj1311
    Options
    I find it hard to stick to anything!!! I have two rugrats one that's two and a 2month old, & I find it extremly difficult to workout let alone stick to a certain diet, my husband makes it even harder by bringing home junk food, and soda, I'm addicted to caffine :( so that doesn't help my weight loss either
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    I hear the husband thing! My husband eats two dinners...lol and if I try to feed him healthy food, he eats a ton of it and tops it off with cookies, and if I don't buy any junk food, he goes to the "convenience" store and gets it, spending 3 times as much on it..ugh frustrating
  • Vnj1311
    Options
    Lol I know that's so true, my husband won't eat any kind of veggie, unless its fries an those aren't very healthy to begin wwith, & he's a fast food junkie, so when he's hungry hell always offer or bring me something, but he's supportive in my weight loss goal but he's forgetful
  • Lainn
    Lainn Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    yea! if you can put it near a tv it will help alot. you can walk during your favorite shows, or put on music channels.

That is what I do! I got a elliptical and had the hubby set it up in the living room. I HATE (or always have) exercise and didn't think I would stick with it. But so far I have done 45-60 min on it every night. I didn't tonight due to being ill and hubby wouldn't let me lol. I am finding that I am becoming addicted to my nightly exercise.

The one thing I struggle with the most is cutting out of certain foods. I got so used to snacking after the kids where in bed and also eating lots of sugar and sodas. I went through horrible caffeine withdrawals the first 4 days, but got over that hump. I still crave soda and other crappy things (mostly donuts)...but I am trying really hard to have that self control.
  • woo1324
    woo1324 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    For me the most difficult things have been giving up wine i like to have a couple of glasses at the end of the day when the kidlets have gone to bed but its just such a waste of cals

and another is stopping myself from having a freak out everytime the scale doesnt move ,,, If i see a gain or dont see a loss i find it really hard to keep the lets lose weight mind set and usually start thinking well if its going to be this fricken hard i may as well just be fat and cuddled up with my wine and chips ,,,,, oh and my little devil on top of my shoulder thats constantly egging me on to have another serving or whispering things like why not have some chocolate

still a work in progess I guess getting there though :)
  • KenziesMomma11
    Options
    i actually just got the elliptical yesterday and managed to get 20 minutes in! its in the corner of my living room, doesnt look pretty but i plan to hop on it while watching television to make the time go by more quickly!
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    Well, I had to goto work today..lol ,my husband needed help at his kiosk at the mall. I'm not looking forward to a day of fighting off food court temptations. How's everyone else today???