What motivates you?

Options
Hi there! Just wondering what motivates you to lose weight and get healthy? We all know without motivation, your weight loss comes to a screeching halt, so it's very important!

Replies

• momoflanandlil
    Options
    My kids motivate me! I want to stay healthy for them! I love them so much and want to be a good mom! I have 2 kids a son - 3 and daughter almost 2. I want to lose the rest of the weight that I gained having back to back prengancies and not shedding it all! I need to lose about 25 pounds. Hopefully can do that before summer!
  • grendella
    grendella Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    tall, thin scandinavian girls motivate me!! american in stockholm
  • kalisentatic
    Options
    I am just not comfortable being anywhere out of the 120-125 range. Feel like a huge blob of fat, plus at 120-125 I usually feel the most harmony with my body (image, health and performance).
  • speedycakes
    speedycakes Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My family has a long history of heart problems, i don't want to be next. Plus i want to be comfortable in my own skin for once.
  • chimebird
    chimebird Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    tall, thin scandinavian girls motivate me!! american in stockholm
    i feel your pain. Tall, thin yoga girls motivate me- American in Bali :)
  • RieBerg
    RieBerg Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Just looking good and feeling good. I feel so gross after eating bad food. Unfortunately, this feeling causes me to eat more bad food because I already feel gross.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Motivation: I feel relatively healthy, but I want to feel consistently at my best. I want to be comfortable going out and doing outdoor activities with people who are currently more fit than me. I want to look good, and look good in clothes I'd like to wear (yeah, it sounds shallow, but it's true.). Most of all, I just really want to *be* fit.
  • CillaXO
    Options
    My son. I still have about 20 ish lbs left from my pregnancy. He's 15 months old, it's time to lose this weight for good.
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I have a graduation on May 5th of this year. I'll finally have my Masters. I want to look HAWT! I was about 40 pounds lighter when I came in for my Bachelors 7 years ago.
  • missbethea
    missbethea Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    My friends are currently a huge part of what motivates me. We are trying to do this together and it's helping a lot.

Other than that, the very reality that in just 1 1/2 years I will be having a beautiful dress custom made just for me (for a friend's wedding). The idea of having something made for me that is supposed to fit me perfectly is a huge motivator to be in better shape b y the time that rolls around.
  • Basmi
    Basmi Posts: 1
    Options
    Looking better in my clothes.
  • perfectdivision
    Options
    To tell you the truth, I'm losing my motivation.
  • undertheseax3
    Options
    Sorry to hear that perfectdivisi! I hope you can find something new to help you stay motivated!

The hope of shopping in regular ladies department motivates me! I would love to shop at stores that don't have a plus size line, too!
  • cadaverotica
    Options
    Clothes are a major motivation for me. I guess you could call my style "alternative" and everything worth wearing looks terrible on me at my current weight. Also, as said before me, just wanting to look and feel better about myself! The way I am can literally drive me to tears some times and if that's not motivation enough to do something about it, I really don't know what is.

Good luck to everyone!
  • PeaceLoveTrees
    PeaceLoveTrees Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I want to get rid of all the college pounds and be healthy again. Soon down the road I'll be settling down and I want to be living a healthy lifestyle before I get married and have kids so that I can have a healthy family and it will be easier to keep myself healthy if it's already a habit! I'm also an "apple" shape and all the things I read about belly fat and heart disease scare me!
  • chelseaaak
    chelseaaak Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Fashion motivates me! I can only fit into plus size clothing which extremely limits the clothes i can wear. I can not wait to be able to walk into any store and pick anything i want off the rack and it fit. also just living a healthier life in general. if i can do this i know i will have more confidence to do anything i want! buddy up with me! i would love some new friends to lose with. :)
  • cheyennigans
    Options
    I know how you feel. :( I'm recently trying to overcome my motivation depleting itself from my life. I'm trying to fight it more and more everyday and just suck it up and work out, eat better, etc. I hope you find something important enough in your life to help motivate you again!

My motivations:
    - Honestly, having my clothes fit me better and to hopefully lose enough weight to start a whole new wardrobe!
    - Feel better about myself and stop having such low self esteem. I want to feel better about being in my own skin.
    -TO SHOW PEOPLE THAT I CAN DO IT!!...and partially to rub it in the faces of people who didn't believe in me. ;]
    - To overall be a healthier, fitter, skinnier [but not too skinny] version of myself and not be disgusted by the girl in the mirror anymore!
  • neo200120018
    neo200120018 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I agree with alot of comments above

I want to be able to get clothes that suit my age, I hate walking in to the plus size clothing and only finding clothing for older people and one thing for me! I also want to fit back into my skinny jeans and oh be healthy and happy
  • MNmuncher
    MNmuncher Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I want to overall be healthy, happy and feel great.
    Short term-My family owns our own beach so summer is ALL about the bikini. I want to FINALLY look good and feel good in one. In my preteens it was no boobs, now its too much chubbiness. Aiming for tight and toned! :)
    Add me if you need a buddy!
  • btnyegurl
    btnyegurl Posts: 27
    Options
    Clothes, I know people have said it but it is absolutely demoralizing to avoid most stores because you cannot fit anything in them.
    Dating, putting on weight has made me lose my confidence and that is soooo unattractive. So I'm ready to get back into the dating scene hopefully by this summer with another 5 lbs lost.