WOW!!!

Options
blink1021
blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
Alright ladies today I think I came extremely close to a heart attack or an aneurysm. I have to hand it to all the single moms who do this with one or more children because today I lost it. My weekends are normally busy because my husband works Saturdays so yesterday I did all my running around grocery store, christmas shopping for my side of the family, haircuts, and clothes shopping (my kid has managed to rip holes in 4 pairs of pants already). Which of course by the time I got home it was 2pm. I did research for a 7 page paper that was due today by 11pm so I let my son play outside yesterday so I could get some work done. My husband who is wonderful cleaned for me on fridady since he had the day off so that helped me out considerably. This morning I start on my paper at 11am and then I get an idea to take a break and check my sons bookbag. Come to find out he has a test on fossils on Tuesday that he tried to hide from me and he had a book report due tomorrow. I knew about the book report and I told his father to have him work on it on friday since there was no school. Well I found out the book report was never started and he has not started to study for the test Tuesday. Here it is almost 7pm and he is just finishing because he threw so many tatrums and I think I yelled so much my throat is hoarse. I threatened christmas and when I told him that he was only hurting himself by not doing his schoolwork his response was "if I am only hurting myself then why do you care?" I really wanted to slap that remark and look he gave me off his face. I was doing all this while writing my paper ( which I finished and turned in). In the meantime my husband is watching all this while lying on the loveseat watching football I can really tell you that I saw red and when I finally said something to him he looked baffled like he couldn't understand what I was talking about. I also cooked dinner, did dishes and now I am pre making mashed potatoes for his classes thanksgiving lunch so I can impress these stay at home mothers who look at me with contempt because I didn't marry a doctor or lawyer so I could stay home and be involved with my son's school like I should be or I shouldn't have had kids. Those women really get to me. Ok well now that I spent my time writing a novel for all you ladies I need to go check my potatoes. Have a good week.

Replies

• lme0627
    lme0627 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I hope your week is going better! I gotta admit I never realized what moms go thru till I became one 3 years ago. I have so much more respect for my own mom now! (she passed away right before my son was born.) Moms truly do it all!

I loved the remark about your husband looked bafffled! lol:smile: So, not just mine-ha!

Leslie