Running Chat Week of November 21st

Options
UrbanRunner81
UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
I am starting this now in case I don't have time in the morning tomorrow!

It is Thanksgiving week! I am definitely going to get some work in this week. I wish I could do the turkey trot on Thursday but with the lack of running I am not ready for a race.

Tell us about your runs/races this week!

Replies

• skemery
    skemery Posts: 100
    Options
    I wish I had more of a plan for this week, working overnights Wednesday and Thursday so it is hard to get runs in between. Tomorrow I am planning on a 19-20 mile run though, should be fun (and wet!)
  • bjbixler
    bjbixler Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    A light next few days because my half marathon with flvsusandy is THURSDAY!!! I am super excited (and the nerves haven't set in yet, lol)

Hope everyone has a great thanksgiving week!
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    So thrown off by this week's schedule. Not a fan of middle of the week Holidays, haha. I am doing my 2nd 10K on Thanksgiving morning. I really need to bike this week too before it gets really cold here next week, but Wednesday I can't workout due to working then traveling to family. Grrrr. I did a 6.5 mile run this morning and miscalculated the difficulty by FAR. I mapped an out and back route knowing there were 2 HUGE hills on the route, but forgot about having to come back over them on the way back! I now know what longer distance runners mean by their butts and legs locking up...that's the first time it's happened to me. Any tips for when your muscles lock up during the run?
  • UrbanRunner81
    Options
    A light next few days because my half marathon with flvsusandy is THURSDAY!!! I am super excited (and the nerves haven't set in yet, lol)

Good luck! I'll be cheering for you guys!
  • UrbanRunner81
    Options
    Today: cross training! I did strength training: chest, shoulders, legs and abs. I also did the arc trainer for 30 minutes.

I am done.... tomorrow is my rest day! thank goodness!
  • UrbanRunner81
    Options
    Rest day today, but what is everyone else up to today?
  • skemery
    skemery Posts: 100
    Options
    Definitely a rest day, if not because my body needs it, then because the pile of homework I have does.
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I am going to run 4.5 miles today and I'm running without my running partner tomorrow (my husband), he has to work :sad: . so don't know how far tomorrow, I'm probably going to run 6 miles. No time to run on Thanksgiving, family coming over at 7am for breakfast.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options

Keep us posted - you will do great!!
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options

Woot! Good luck! Have fun!!

I'll be doing a measly 5 k on thursday, but I'll be running it with a friend so it should be fun!
  • bjbixler
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Pray I'm able to sleep tomorrow night!

bprague- initially I was just going to run a 10K on Thanksgiving, but then Sandy and I got this crazy notion late August that we could do a half marathon instead... so here we are! All the training is done, and I know we are ready!

Have fun at your 5K!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    It's been a tough week for me. I injured/pulled/stressed something in my hip/glute/hamstring last Thursday - I rested 100% Friday, major stretching only on Saturday, ran only 8 miles Sunday. Monday I did strength training and Tai Chi , and today I did stretching again. I'm feeling poorly with a very sore throat and may try to run on the treadmill to see if that helps me feel any better. My "goal" is to run 15 miles Thursday AM since I only got in 8 on Sunday.
  • memobe
    memobe Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Well now, I am very happy to report an 18K run for me on Monday!! This is long for me, so I was quite happy. I've been doing some longish runs lately, 14K, 16K....and happily made it to 18 on Monday. I went slow, it was cold and windy for the first 7K, then I turned and did the rest with a wonderful push.

Yesterday, went to Halifax christmas shopping, so exercise yesterday.

Today, 10K on the TM. It is stormy, sleet snow and slush!
  • memobe
    Options

bprague- initially I was just going to run a 10K on Thanksgiving, but then Sandy and I got this crazy notion late August that we could do a half marathon instead... so here we are! All the training is done, and I know we are ready!

Have fun at your 5K!

Oh my a half-marathon, good luck!! I'm sure you will do great! When is it, tomorrow? Or Sunday?
  • sharonsjones
    Options

Have fun at your 5K!

How exciting!! Good luck!!
  • sharonsjones
    Options
    I had my best 6 mile run this am, my pace was 9.23, a PR for me! I have ran a 9.01 pace before but for a 5k, not 6 miles. It was wonderful, I couldn't have asked for better weather, 60 degrees, sunny and no wind. :happy:
  • memobe
    Options
    I had my best 6 mile run this am, my pace was 9.23, a PR for me! I have ran a 9.01 pace before but for a 5k, not 6 miles. It was wonderful, I couldn't have asked for better weather, 60 degrees, sunny and no wind. :happy:

That is great, what a feeling! Thats a great pace, and when the weather is good like that it makes you just feel even better :)
  • UrbanRunner81
    Options

Fantastic!
  • bjbixler
    Options

Nice job! I love it when the pieces all fall into place and you get a really sweet run.
  • bjbixler
    Options

Have fun at your 5K!

Oh my a half-marathon, good luck!! I'm sure you will do great! When is it, tomorrow? Or Sunday?

Tomorrow!! Eek!