Box talk

Options

Replies

• DJStewie
    DJStewie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Crossfit Impulse (Madison/Huntsville, AL)
  • MaggieMay131
    MaggieMay131 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I started reading the blog - not sure of the poster's history ... but I can't tell if he hates crossfit or loves it? Or just airs it all out there ... funny though.

Haha, I read it once, and can't tell either. I was slightly offended, lol.

Where are you going in Hawaii? I went to one on Maui and just paid a $20 drop-in fee. They were super nice :)
  • snkeller24
    Options
    Yeah I was kind of offended, but it was sort of truthful ... I check back every now and then because it entertains me. There's another one, his buddy, that has a blog; same tone but they both crossfit. They question the "eliteness" which I kind of like. Back up what you're going to preach.

I'm going to Ewa Beach on Oahu - I checked out their website and they love outsiders (if you bring your box's shirt you can WOD for free), I just wouldn't want to feel awkward.
  • nikirtehsuxlol
    nikirtehsuxlol Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My old box was BTB Fitness. And the owner guy was Charles Mayfield. He just wrote a Paleo cookbook with his wife!

"Paleo Comfort Foods: Homestyle Cooking for a Gluten-Free Kitchen"

COOLER to me is that his dad is the Mayfield in Mayfield Dairy. Scottie? I dont know. His dad did a WOD with us.

Now I belong to Crossfit on the Square (in Marietta, GA). Its just closer. The owner also is really into Krav Maga. Smaller box. They both have their pros/cons.
  • snkeller24
    Options
    Christy Phillips was at our box today, maybe her husband or boyfriend too (not sure), said I was a huge fan ... and apparently a total dork. But yeah she made strict press, push press, and jerks look super easy.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Bridger Crossfit... just started and I love it. I really like our coaches and the members are pretty awesome too. Such a good fitness community, I was definitely missing that before.

I was also completely surprised that Bozeman (pop. 34,000) has 3 boxes, although 1 of them I don't think is an actual affiliate.
  • Sbiscotti
    Sbiscotti Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Have to do some bragging this morning. I was coaching the 6am class and today we were doing one of the CrossFit Totals of Clean, OH Squat, and Jerk.

One of my girls, April, had NEVER done a jerk before w/more than a pvc pipe in fundamentals. Threw up 85 lbs overhead this morning!!! 85 POUNDS!!!

So proud of her. She came in this morning letting me know she had just been asked to be in a wedding and wanted to lose 10 lbs before the wedding. When she left...the goal is now 100 lbs overhead before the wedding. No doubt she'll have it sooner than she thinks!
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Have to do some bragging this morning. I was coaching the 6am class and today we were doing one of the CrossFit Totals of Clean, OH Squat, and Jerk.

One of my girls, April, had NEVER done a jerk before w/more than a pvc pipe in fundamentals. Threw up 85 lbs overhead this morning!!! 85 POUNDS!!!

So proud of her. She came in this morning letting me know she had just been asked to be in a wedding and wanted to lose 10 lbs before the wedding. When she left...the goal is now 100 lbs overhead before the wedding. No doubt she'll have it sooner than she thinks!

Baller! (I think that says it all)
  • jagwab
    jagwab Posts: 93
    Options
    I just started Crossfit this week. I go to a new box in Knoxville called Crossfit HTK. I have nothing to compare it to but like the owner very much
  • vanessagirls3
    vanessagirls3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Used to go to No Excuses Crossfit in Lawrenceville, Ga. Had to leave due to financial problems :sad: ,but still Crossfit at Bodyplex:smile:
  • crossfitterwahine
    crossfitterwahine Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty depressed because I don't have a box close by. I was at Crossfit Middle Tennessee for a while before the drive became too much. Was thinking about trying Crossfit Music City as they have a 7:00pm slot that may work.

So, just trying to WOD at home as much as possible. I really miss the community aspect.
  • natalie2355
    natalie2355 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Currently going to Crossfit Thunder in Huntington, WV.

Hopefully moving to Ann Arbor MI in the next month... anyone know anything about the boxes up there?? nervous to start over :(
  • kaylammurphy
    Options
    Steamboat CrossFit at Fusion Fit :) I LOVE them!! Also, I love CrossFit Epic in Iowa City, IA!
  • Jennan1
    Options
    I go to Crossfit Newton in MA (outside of Boston). I started at Crossfit Hi-Def Southern CA (LOVE them) and have tried cf Arise in Northern CA. I like all three. The social aspect is a little sad here on the East Coast from what I can tell. They are nice enough, but typically standoff-ish. I do like to go and try different places.
  • Jennan1
    Options
    Do it, I think most places are happy to have you if you know what you're doing and don't need babysitting. I send an email and they usually say come on by. Maybe try for one of the less busy times the first time you go in.
  • Sbiscotti
    Options
    I'm pretty depressed because I don't have a box close by. I was at Crossfit Middle Tennessee for a while before the drive became too much. Was thinking about trying Crossfit Music City as they have a 7:00pm slot that may work.

So, just trying to WOD at home as much as possible. I really miss the community aspect.

Seriously?? I'm a coach at CrossFit Music City!!! I coach the 6 am class and then i train in the evenings! Please come check us out.
  • crossfitterwahine
    Options
    Hey there Sbiscotti! How cool you are there! Small world. I got hooked on Crossfit in Cleveland at Crossfit Cleveland, was all set to try out Coca Crossfit, then we moved. I would LOVE to try out your gym. I am interested in Stacy's class. I really love the Oly lifts!

I do have a Living Social Groupon thing for your box. I should just go already. Maybe tomorrow night at 7:00. I really wish I could make it out at 6:00am but we are too far.
  • Sbiscotti
    Options
    Hey there Sbiscotti! How cool you are there! Small world. I got hooked on Crossfit in Cleveland at Crossfit Cleveland, was all set to try out Coca Crossfit, then we moved. I would LOVE to try out your gym. I am interested in Stacy's class. I really love the Oly lifts!

I do have a Living Social Groupon thing for your box. I should just go already. Maybe tomorrow night at 7:00. I really wish I could make it out at 6:00am but we are too far.

I'll plan on seeing you there tomorrow night! Stacey's the best. He's helped my lifts so much, and he's the coach of the competition team. His O-lift classes were actually why I picked CFMC over the other boxes in Nashville.
  • crossfitterwahine
    Options
    Alrighty! Hubby says go for it, so I will see you there, 7:00pm!
  • xfchick
    Options
    I'm from CFHK (CrossFitHellsKitchen) NYC --If you ever in NY...come check us out :) About a month ago I had a pleasure to wod with Annie Thorisdottir :)
    I love my box, my coach and what CF is all about!!!