Favorite Campgrounds?

hoppinglark
hoppinglark Posts: 213 Member
edited October 5 in Social Groups
Post your favorites

Ft. Desoto in St. Petersburg , FL (good in winter)

Wekiwa Springs in Apopka , FL (good in Summer, but hot!)

Ft. Clinch in Amelia Island, FL (good in winter)

Replies

• Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Big South Fork (TN) great trails, good to stay at year around

Mt Zion (Utah) amazing park, we went in July = very hot

Van Hook (NC) we stay here every year and do the rappel and climb on Whiteside Mtn (650' +)

I have stayed at lots of campgrounds but these always stick out in my mind :)
  • Assateague Island National Seashore...best off season, like most beaches the flys can be rough in the Summer months....and the crowd is lighter and the fishing better in the Spring and Fall....They are open all year and we've been there ar all times of year. Our favorite place. Open all year.

Stokes State Forest in NJ...I place this one second because it's only an hr from my house, the outdoor activities are great, fishing potential is up there, and my kids can swim at the beach. Being a state forest it keeps that 'campground' feel to the minimum....I tend to avoid the places with the built in pools and stuff...not that there's anything wrong with them it's just never been on my list regarding getting my kids outside. Con - Closed in the Winter.

Bass River State Forest in NJ...Same as above without the fishing. But Island Beach State Park is close enough that we've used this as a base camp for surf fishing. The crowds are light unles it's a Holiday weekend, but even then it's not hard to get a decent campsite. Open all year.

We've traveled further....Key West, Texas, ME, OBX...but due to the cost of diesel and my kids racing BMX (travel and more $ :)...these three are at the top of my list the past couple years.

We are planning to camp in the Daytona infield for the Rolex 24 in 2013...that's our next big trip...and should be a blast in it's own right :)

Here's to everyones next camping adventure *raising my coffee*
This discussion has been closed.