Phase 1 (week1-3)

I think essjay had the right idea with doing weeks to help with accountability and motivation but there are so few of us I figure it may be easier (and less topics) to do it in phases like the routine calls for, although bodyslam is ahead of us all but he can report here as well.

I started week 2 and am on my day 3 :) Its going to be hard to keep the momentum with the holidays approaching (for some of us) but we can do it :) Tomorrow is my yoga day and I am not looking forward to it :( prolly my least favorite due to my inflexibility.

Replies

• essjay75
    essjay75 Posts: 77 Member
    I'm on track for week 2 day 3(shoulders and arms). The hardest part of this weekend will be that I have a friend in from out of town. I'll still make the time though. :)
  • JaredBergeron
    JaredBergeron Posts: 379 Member
    Yep we got to do what we can to push each other, I will be at the parents for 4 days, not sure how im going to work it in... i plan on running...but not sure ill be able to work up a sweat in the livingroom :(
  • Have not done a thing for a week. Hurt my back, so been doing nothing. Today I am going to try and start again. I ran 3 miles on the treadmill this morning and going to try Chest & Back tonight. Keep on pushing play.....
  • essjay75
    I start week 3 today. Other than swapping my rest day from Sunday to Saturday, I managed to stay on track.

Have a great week everyone!
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Thats great you stayed on track :) I fell off the wagon :( Wed, I did Yoga and when my bf came home he insisted we go for a run. I rarely run cause I can't go for long without breaks. To my surprise I ran quite a bit with few breaks :D So on Thurs, you guessed it, my legs were so sore and my next workout was Legs! So I took the day off to rest. Then that was all she wrote the rest of the weekend I didn't do P90X at all. I was feeling so lazy. I did 2 smaller workouts and on Sat we went on a hike, so I wasn't completely being a couch potato. So hopefully will get back on today and continue through the week. :D
  • Did Chest & Back last night, skipped the AB Ripper X. I had to help my son with 7th grade math :( But I got up and ran 3 miles on the treadmill again this morning. Hoping to do Plyo tonight. How are you doing with the nutrition side of things?? I am struggling to stay under the 1200 calories and eating the right foods. Keep up the good work!
  • essjay75
    Did Chest & Back last night, skipped the AB Ripper X. I had to help my son with 7th grade math :( But I got up and ran 3 miles on the treadmill again this morning. Hoping to do Plyo tonight. How are you doing with the nutrition side of things?? I am struggling to stay under the 1200 calories and eating the right foods. Keep up the good work!
    There is NO WAY I could do this and not eat most of the exercise calories back.....I would have no energy whatsoever.
  • Set my alarm and got up early to make sure I stayed on track....but my DVD player didn't work. I rode the stationary bike for 35 minutes...Maybe my husband can figure out the problem later so I can do my P90X Shoulders and Arms later.
  • jrhstarlight
    Did Chest & Back last night, skipped the AB Ripper X. I had to help my son with 7th grade math :( But I got up and ran 3 miles on the treadmill again this morning. Hoping to do Plyo tonight. How are you doing with the nutrition side of things?? I am struggling to stay under the 1200 calories and eating the right foods. Keep up the good work!
    There is NO WAY I could do this and not eat most of the exercise calories back.....I would have no energy whatsoever.

I agree with this. I would never recommend eating less than 1200, unless your Dr said to do it. MFP tells me to eat 1330 and I eat back my calories. Do you drink any kind of protein shake or recovery drink afterwards?
  • jrhstarlight
    Well I finished week 2 yesterday and was going to roll right into week 3 seeing how I took a break over the weekend but woke up feeling UGH so unless I feel better this afternoon Core will just have to wait.
  • JaredBergeron
    JaredBergeron Posts: 379 Member
    Well I finished week 2 yesterday and was going to roll right into week 3 seeing how I took a break over the weekend but woke up feeling UGH so unless I feel better this afternoon Core will just have to wait.

Take care of yourself, your posting is inspiring.. work has had me under their thumb lately..still getting my workouts in but little time to post etc... :(
  • Have been staying on track so far this week. Skipped Yoga last night. Hate that workout. Have been able to run three days this week too. So don't feel so bad for skipping yoga. Keep up the great work.
  • jrhstarlight
    Thanks Jared, I feel it helps to see others are doing the work too. I keep wondering about the others, there are suppose to be over 20 of us but barely a few who post???? Oh well.

I'm back :D I started week 3, so now to keep it going through the weekend, will be tough but necessary.

@ranieprice I too HATE yoga :( I mean 1:30 of yoga and the first hour is basically the same move over and over, argh I hate repetition. The last 30 minutes is great some advance moves I cant do but I like that part. But I am holding out hope, I can barely touch my toes and I had another mfp member tell me she couldnt either but after doing yoga for a few months she can now.
  • essjay75
    I'm on track-haven't missed a day and actually did an additional work out today as penance for a pumpkin donut. :)

Tomorrow is Kenpo and I'm going out dancing-then rest day. Yay!
  • jrhstarlight
    Well every time I get back on track something seems to happen. I did Arms yesterday and everything was fine until today I had been up for a few hours and then at one point stood up and a pain flared up in my shoulder blade area OUCH. So now I am in constant pain, so no workout today, apparently I pulled or strained something which is weird seeing how it took 24 hours to develop. Hopefully tomorrow I will feel better, my back has been hurting for a good 3-4 hours already and continuing. Any movement hurts. I will skip yoga, I know bad but I will finish with legs and kenpo for the week so I can start week 4. I looked ahead and saw week 4 consists of 2 days of yoga!! So I won't feel bad about skipping it, lol.

I hope everyone is continuing to bring it :D
  • essjay75
    I finished week 4 day two, but because of time yesterday swapped Kenpo for the yoga-will do yoga on Kenpo day. I hate doing that, but I had to pick up a sick child from school and threw off my whole day.

I'm finding everytime I do a workout I've done before that I am improving. More weight, more reps(I actually need heavier weights and have begged for some for Christmas-I have bands, but it's hard for me to judge if I'm getting better). I'm burning less calories which bums me out. I also have found myself dreading certain routines. blah. I'm ready for the 90 days to be over!!!