Eating on the run

Options
Yesterday I was away from home for most of the day doing a workshop for a college ceramics class about 50 min away. I needed to eat lunch on the road and pulled into a Burger King drive through on the way there. I needed to keep moving. I ordered a chicken sandwich and ate only the chicken. Could not drive and eat a salad ! What are the best places to stop and what foods are best?
Had a TCF steering committee meeting at a local restaurant before returning home. Had the salad bar and water.

Replies

• jaabee11
    jaabee11 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Being in Oz I can't really tell you but forward planning is always the best idea imo . Take something with you and just stop for coffee somewhere, eating what you brought. I've been finding McDonalds , Burger king etc have huge calorie counts even on their salads etc.
    I have discovered the franchise "Sumo salad" here which is great but no drive through unfortunately.
    Good luck, looking forward to hearing other ppl's ideas actually.
  • shunyata13
    shunyata13 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I don't know of any fast food place that has low cal foods available to go. Even their yogurts are very high in calories. Subway is supposed to be low cal on some of their options but you do need to walk into the place. I agree with bringing your own food even if you have to put it into a cooler type of lunch bag so it won't spoil. I use a lunch bag that looks like neoprene and I have my food in plastic zip lock bags along with an ice pack and I am good to go. The bag doesn't get wet and neither does my food. The grocery stores have a lot of options for containers that accomodate various types of lunches and they also include the ice pack as well.
  • samantha1953
    samantha1953 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Wendy's Grilled Chicken isn't bad but you should probably only eat half the bun and no sauce. Mickey D's wraps aren't too bad either but never let them put on the sauce!
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not KFC's new grilled chicken is healthy and tasty. When I am desperate, I will get a two piece meal breast and wing with mashed potatoes and green beans. I eat all the chicken ,1/2 the container of mashed potatoe, all the green beans and I ditch the biscuit!

Also 2 regular taco's from taco bell are not too bad if you dont put sour cream on them!
  • chedges9090
    chedges9090 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hardees has the Turkey Burgers--and they are very filling. For me, I just need the sandwich and a drink, and it's enough. Grilled Chicken Sandwich from McD's isn't bad-- I just have them put on Mustard/pickle nothing else-- and I will order the apple slices with it.. no carmel dipping sauce. Those are my "on the go" places.. not very exciting, huh?
  • AliV91
    AliV91 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Taco bell has a Fresco option, that lowers the calorie count significantly. You can get it on tacos or burritos, soft or hard. :heart: