Eating Exactly Your Goal

snookumss
snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
edited October 5 in Social Groups
Hey Loves, I must introduce myself.

When I first joined MFP I lost like 10 pounds in the first two months, the first 8 all in the first month!
I hit a plateau and lost motivation. I ate and didn't log in for a few months, didn't gain the weight back though *phew*! Then it took me 80 days to lose about 4 pounds and I stuck to my calorie limits! I got so good at it that I would eat about 1400-1500 a day. If I exercised, I could eat more! I kept hearing from people that you can't not lose weight, its got to be this... got to be that. I am horrible at the details of my dieting! I don't have the ability to pre-plan every calorie and percentages for them! I realized one day (after a cheat day at the movie where I ate like 2k calories) after I lost weight randomly that maybe I am not eating enough? Then just a couple days ago I figured it out. I took at look at my weekly net calories and realized most of the time I was super low on a weekly situation. 800-1200 calories too low over a week.

I started to focus on eating super close to my calories. Not worrying if I went over 50 calories or so, just making sure to get exactly what MFP told me. Since then, I've lost four pounds in five days :D When I first started MFP, I had a horrible time sticking to my calorie limits.. half the time I was still hungry or my treat would have to be skipped. I lost all that weight when I was right there at the goal MFP gave me. I focus on only two things now, my protein (I am a heavy weight lifter) and my calorie goal. As long as I make sure I am super close to what MFP says, I have been losing weight like its going out of style! All those 85 days I was SOOO UPSET that I wasn't losing weight!

People would say its impossible not to lose weight if you are under-eating your calories. Bull-Freaking-Isht. I had to eat exactly 500 calories below, not 600 or 700 like was typical, or I wouldn't lose an ounce! I was right there on the verge of quitting, it was so NOT fair!

This probably doesnt apply to everybody, but that is how I solved my slow-weight-loss problem :)

Replies

• dga226
    dga226 Posts: 224 Member
    hello,

yeah i seem to eat under my calories but does nothing for me I cant wait to get under 300 keep up what u are doing
This discussion has been closed.