Day Two

Options
carolina_r
carolina_r Posts: 359 Member
Level 1 Day 2 DONE!!! Managed to squeeze it in during my son's nap...Usually, I would talk myself out of trying because his naps are so erratic in length, but I made myself do it - worst thing that would happen is that I'd have to stop if he woke up.

If you are like me, and need the daily accountability to keep with it, feel free to post here and say that you are DONE!!

Replies

• meckiemelt
    meckiemelt Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Good for you! So glad you got it done. I will do mine in a few hours. I will let you know just as soon as it is done. Do are doing a great job!:smile:
  • Orvett
    Orvett Posts: 83
    Options
    I just finished day two and my husband joined in. I loved it cause it made me work harder to be better than him lol. All my soreness went away as soon as I started. Felt great!!
  • kristennwinter
    kristennwinter Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Just finished mine!! Does anyone else find the pushups really bad on the knees?? I have hard wood floors and they KILL my knees!!
  • Orvett
    Orvett Posts: 83
    Options
    I rest my knees on my yoga mat. We have hard wood floors too
  • kristennwinter
    Options
    I put mine on my yoga mat too! but they still hurt :(
  • carolina_r
    Options
    Just finished mine!! Does anyone else find the pushups really bad on the knees?? I have hard wood floors and they KILL my knees!!

I have hardwood too, and I found that just a yoga mat wasn't enough. I've started doing the workout on those multi-coloured puzzle pieces that people put in kid areas? You can get them at Walmart, and they are nice and cushy and really reduce the impact on your joints during things like jumping jacks (my knees were giving me problems, but are much better now that I've used these :)

One thing to note though - they do slip a bit on the hardwood, unlike a yoga mat (i.e. if using them for cardio).. I have a decent sized area covered with them, so its fine (several packs worth).
  • Well done everyone! :bigsmile: Finished mine about an hour ago, my little man sits in his high chair and watches me hee hee. The push ups kill me as does the skipping rope lol but I'm loving the rest! My muscles are actually there! I can feel them :bigsmile:
  • Also - what weights are everyone using? I'm using little 0.5kg which is 1pound (or close enough)... is anyone else using the same? I am DEFINITELY feeling it though!
  • JulieSchreier
    Options
    I use 2.5KG Weights so around 5pounds. I am feeling a lot better this time. I think I went to full on the first day instead of easing into it :)
  • kristennwinter
    Options
    The puzzle pieces are a good idea!! thanks! :) (I've secretly always wanted those, even though I've always been too old, lol. now I have an excuse! :D )
    i'm using 5 pound weights but they were wayyyy too much. I almost cried the first day, then today wasn't so bad, but I do have cans handy in case they start to feel EXTREMELY uncomfortable. I'm really feeling the ache in my muscles today, ouchie!
  • bayertablets
    bayertablets Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Just finished L1D2 and I did much more than yesterday. I wouldn't say it was easier, but I knew what to expect and I guess learned how to pace myself. I used 3lb weights today (didn't use anything yesterday).

The anterior arm raises kick my butt! The only move I can't do yet is the bicycle crunches, but I just substitute more side crunches at the end. I'm also doing the push ups on the wall instead of the floor to save my knees since my arms aren't too strong yet.

Keep it up, ladies!
  • carolina_r
    Options
    bayertablets - Great approach! I do this as well - substitute a different move for ones that hurt / I can't do...until I can!

As for weights - I use 2 sets of weights, depending on the exercise. For most, I use 2 lbs, but the bicep curls and chest fly were too easy with these, so I sub in 5 lb weights for these.
  • carolina_r
    Options
    Well done everyone! :bigsmile: Finished mine about an hour ago, my little man sits in his high chair and watches me hee hee. The push ups kill me as does the skipping rope lol but I'm loving the rest! My muscles are actually there! I can feel them :bigsmile:

Wow!!! How old is he? My 9 month old would NOT put up with that :) He has to be sleeping, or else its a no go...

I started 30DS a while back but then faded...I can say that the push-ups DO get easier! Even after only a week I could start to see a difference. The skipping rope is tough for me as well - I find if I "volley" from foot to foot (as I would if I was actually skipping) it makes it more bearable. I do this for the first round...but at the end, I push it and try to follow Natalie, and I find that they are easier at that point (maybe because I'm warmed up? Maybe because I am almost done?)
  • meckiemelt
    meckiemelt Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I did it day two done! Agree with you all the pushups kill me too. My shoulders and back are sore but at least I know that it's working. I use 5 lb weights.
  • He's just over 13months =) but he's been like that the whole time (I'm extremely lucky!) =D Yeah I get to the last circuit and I can actually push myself to not stop at all - which I thought was odd but you may be right about being warmed up, because I seem not to feel my legs and just keep going and pushing through =D Looking forward to day 3 =D
  • lmmiller1
    Options
    I just joined the group and am starting tomorrow. Hope I won't be to far behind the rest of you. I am looking forward to this and am hoping I see really good results. Good luck to you all and I am here during this process to help all of you guys with some good motivation!!
  • jenergy_20
    Options
    Being my third attempt at completing the Shred. I decided to do the workouts every other day, this time. I'd rather be in for a longer amount of time and be successful then quit due to injury..... my bad knee.

L1D2 done
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    As for weights - I use 2 sets of weights, depending on the exercise. For most, I use 2 lbs, but the bicep curls and chest fly were too easy with these, so I sub in 5 lb weights for these.

That's a really good idea!

Another friend who's shredding says doing some cardio before starting your daily shred makes it easier since you're already warmed up. I believe that I push myself harder at the end because I know it's about to end.
  • lmmiller1
    Options
    Just completed L1D2 and my muscles are screaming at me!!