Why CrossFit Works.

Yeah we all know this - but I really enjoyed this article.

http://crossfitlisbeth.com/category/daily-archives/

Then click on 'Confessions of a globo-gym addict'

Speacial thanks to Shizzman for posting another article on his FB page. Creeping pays off =) haha

Replies

• Love it!
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    If only girls didn't just creep on me ;)
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    this is only my second week doing these workouts and today i noticed that my muscles felt "warm" all day...i have worked out for years and this is the first time i have noticed this! i liked it :)
  • espence30
    espence30 Posts: 116 Member
    LOVE CROSSFIT
  • thecrossfitter
    thecrossfitter Posts: 424 Member
    "Every once in a while, I think about taking two hours and doing one of my old globo-gym workouts ... And then I remember how impersonal, soul-less, and boring it was..."

Great read - thanks for sharing. What really caught me here was one word: soul-less. I love walking into my box and seeing people I now would describe as "friend" rather than "this girl in my gym." There is so much heart and soul in that box everyday and that's why I keep coming back day after day. I have people to celebrate my victories with and help me with my struggles. I have a coach who, instead of a random bystander who would only point out the things I still need to clean up and get better at, can instead also point out all the things I have fixed (while of course still seeing the things I need to still improve).

Ah - this made me so happy to read. Thanks again.
  • "Every once in a while, I think about taking two hours and doing one of my old globo-gym workouts ... And then I remember how impersonal, soul-less, and boring it was..."

Great read - thanks for sharing. What really caught me here was one word: soul-less. I love walking into my box and seeing people I now would describe as "friend" rather than "this girl in my gym." There is so much heart and soul in that box everyday and that's why I keep coming back day after day. I have people to celebrate my victories with and help me with my struggles. I have a coach who, instead of a random bystander who would only point out the things I still need to clean up and get better at, can instead also point out all the things I have fixed (while of course still seeing the things I need to still improve).

Ah - this made me so happy to read. Thanks again.

Totally agree with that quote - and I always refer to my box members as 'people I workout with/crossfit with'. I've only been there a solid 2 months so I'm still kinda shy - but those that I started with I consider my friends. Even when I went to the hopper, I found it easy to strike up conversations and everyone was so pleasant!
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    i am getting stronger already! today i did 4 rounds of towel pull ups (sub for rope climb) and i did 10 each time with very little assist and they felt really good!