Events in San Diego County

Options
sdguy2002
sdguy2002 Posts: 84 Member
A very important topic in my eyes. If you have any upcoming events please post here. :smile:

Replies

• sdguy2002
    Options
    I am trying to start this off by sharing the events i have for meet up this first one is on the 5th.

Monday, December 5, 2011, 6:15 PM

Selected By: Tara
    Star of India Ship

1492 N Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA
    We meet just beyond the entrance to the Star of India at the big log bench. If you're running late, or you get turned around, call me: Tara 619-990-5673
    Selected By: Tara
    This was so much fun, let's go again - different direction this time! Please join all of the ATSD Streetwalkers, and the San Diego Walkers on a lovely Monday evening for a loop through downtown, perhaps Little Italy, with glimpses of Balboa Park, along a bit of the harbor, etc. It should be easy to find free parking at the meters around the area. (Meters are free after 6:00 pm). This is also a nice reference/starting point in general although be prepared to kick it up...we do take on a few hills each week, you just never know how things will go on this walk. Each week we take a different route. This is PERFECT for BEGINNERS, or anyone who just wants to find out what Streetwalking entails. Keep your eye's peeled for our once a month treat night - the first Monday, we will stop for Pinkberry or Gelato or somethin sweet.
  • sdguy2002
    Options
    at this point it looks like 2 people are going
  • sdguy2002
    Options
    December Nights
    Category:Festivals & Fairs When:Today, December 2, 2011 5:00 pm -
    Tomorrow, December 3, 2011 10:00 pm
    Add to Calendar Where:Balboa Park
    based on 553 reviews
    1549 El Prado
    San Diego, CA 92101
    (619) 239-0512 How:Official Website
    Cost:Free Submitted by: Heather W. See all of Heather W.'s events » What/Why:Balboa Park December Nights, the nation's premier holiday festival, will take place for the 34th consecutive year on Friday, Dec. 2, 5-10pm, and Saturday, Dec. 3, noon-10pm. As always, the event brings families and friends together to spread holiday joy, learn more about the cultural value of Balboa Park and kick-off the "most wonderful time of the year."

Participating Balboa Park museums open their doors free of charge from 5-9 pm both evenings and more than 300,000 visitors are expected to experience the joy of San Diego's largest free community festival. Those who attend will participate in a truly multicultural experience, enjoying food, music and entertainment from around the world.

Revelers can watch top-notch musical and dance performances, enjoy delicious and diverse food choices and help spread a heavy dose of holiday cheer. Some of the more well-known traditions include food from around the globe at the International Christmas Festival at the House of Pacific Relations Cottages; the annual Santa Lucia Procession at the Plaza de California; unique gift shopping at the museum stores and with the artisans of Spanish Village; and musical and dance presentations from the San Diego Junior Theatre, San Diego Civic Youth Ballet, Del Cerro Baptist's Christmas Story Tree, and more.
  • denalaughs
    Options
    I just joined the ATSD meetup group. The downtown loop walk sounds like fun!
  • halfasiandude
    Options
    Yea... I think this would be a good thing to go to... post more info so i can attend with my wife.
  • DreamiJeani
    Options
    Events that I have coming up:

Finish Chelsea's Run 5K march 3rd Balboa Park

San Diego Half Marathon/Celebrate San Diego expo March 11th Petco Park

Gladiator Rock n Run 5K April 14th

Sharon's Walk Run Ride for Epilepsy 5K April 15th

Coronado Bay Bridge Run 4 miles

These are all races that have a "short" option or at least a fun celebration attached!
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    So far I have:

San Diego Half Marathon at Petco Park - March 11th, 2012
    Gladiator Rock'n Run - 5K Obstacle Course - Barona - April 14th, 2012

If I do not do the Gladiator Rock'n Run, I'll do this instead:
    Skins Fearless 5K San Diego 2012 - April 14th, 2012

Run For You LIves 5K Obstacle Course - October 2012

:)
  • sdguy2002
    Options
    I wasnt sure if the run for your lives thing was still open?
    I have yet to do a half but thats what Im training for.I have a friend who is doing 2 5ks this weekend including that skins one
  • sdguy2002
    Options
    This is a run I do most every Tuesday.

http://www.meetup.com/SanDiegoRunning/events/59271852
  • sdguy2002
    Options
    I think this would be a great meetup event for us. I will be there. I missed last months one but not this 1!

http://www.meetup.com/SanDiegoRunning/events/59851862/

here is the excerpt form the website.

“It's fun and social, beer and prizes are involved and you can log your daily miles. Plus it's FREE!”
    Join Road Runner Sports for our Second Thursday Adventure Runs! Welcome back for Year 2. Just like last year, we're putting a new spin on the traditional group run with a run series that will take place on the second Thursday of every month from March through November from our Kearny Mesa location. Show up to log your miles, make new running friends, have a beer and a chance to win some awesome running prizes.

How it works:

The checkpoint map is revealed, you run to various checkpoints to grab free raffle tickets and return within an hour. There is no set course! You come up with a gameplan to reach as many checkpoints as possible.

When it all happens:

5pm - Registration opens. Show up early to mingle, check out the vendor booths and snag some test product to try during the run.

6-7pm - A giant map of Kearny Mesa is revealed. You're given a pen and paper and have to jot down checkpoint locations (It wouldn't hurt to study Kearny Mesa on Google Maps a few days before the run). Run wherever you want. The farther the checkpoint, the more raffle tickets given. Checkpoints will close at 7pm.

7-9pm - Free raffle and after party with music, beer from Deschutes Brewery and more! Get back on time because the raffle begins shortly after 7. Once the raffle is over, the after party begins at Players Sports Bar with food and drink deals.

Feel free to RSVP here to let your Meetup friends know you will attend. But make sure to pre-register at the official Adventure Run website by 3pm on event day to receive a complimentary beer!
    http://www.thursdayadventurerun.com/
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I wasnt sure if the run for your lives thing was still open?
    I have yet to do a half but thats what Im training for.I have a friend who is doing 2 5ks this weekend including that skins one

As far as I know registration is open until August. I think the spots are filled for people wanting to be zombies, but for runners there are plenty availble. I'm planning on it, looking for a nice deal to get a massage/wine tasting/hotel room in Temecula after!!
  • sdguy2002
    Options
    I definitley wanted to be a zombie...
  • sdguy2002
    Options
    Any1 sign up for the http://www.thursdayadventurerun.com/ if so let me know so we can meetup!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Any1 sign up for the http://www.thursdayadventurerun.com/ if so let me know so we can meetup!

I went to a couple of their Tuesday embarcardero runs and they are a really cool group...but now my work hours are later so I can't join them any more :( You should definitely go if you haven't before...it's a very friendly crowd.
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I have the Gladiator Rock N Run 5K Obstacle Course that I'm the team captain of. I have a team of 9 people. It's going to be fun. Our goal is to cross the finish line as a team and raise $100 bucks to Cure Autism. SO far, we've raised $100 to the cause! :)

Gladiator Rock N Run - Saturday, April 14th, 2012.
    http://gladiatorrocknrun.com/event_april_14.html

J
  • mary127
    mary127 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Good for you Jarnard...have fun Saturday!

I am doing the Fearless 5k Saturday at South Shores Park. Been out there the past month working towards my goal of just being able to finish it jogging the whole time without stopping. I'm at that point now. Wish I could improve on my time though. Just afraid if I push too hard my bad knees will get even more angry with me :angry: At least I'm out there!

Have a good week/weekend everyone

:flowerforyou:
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Sue Palmer Band playing at Tio Leo's Friday, April 13--dancing is terrific exercise :)
  • sdguy2002
    Options
    Yes dancing is terrific exercie! I won a pair of shoes at the raffle for thursday nights run! so stoaked!
  • sdguy2002
    Options
    Anyone doing the la jolla half marathon this weekend? Congratulations if you are I hear its tough. I will be there early in the morning to pass out flyers for a foam fest 5k, on may 26th i think. I just finished my first 5k mud run (mud factor) and although it was a blast I will not forget my sunscreen next time.. ouch.:-(
  • mary127
    mary127 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    The Color Run 5k is coming to San Diego! They just opened registration yesterday. It's November 3 at Qualcomm Stadium. I've been wanting to do this, it looks like so much fun! It would be cool to have a MFP group there. There are two waves, 9:00 and 1:30. I'm signed up for 9 and can't wait. :happy: info: thecolorrun.com

Another 5k coming up is the Bolt to the Q on July 21, starts at the Chargers Training Facility off Aero Drive and ends inside Qualcomm Stadium...the finish line is the 50 yard line. Sounds like another fun one.

:flowerforyou:
    Mary