Challenge week beg Mon 28th Nov

Options
Hiya Everyone!

If you didnt manage to meet all of your walking goals last week, then this week is a new beginning and another chance to step in time together.
Happy Walkies!

This weeks challenge is the same as last week.......try to do your 5000 steps for 6 days or more...up to you!
Sign In daily and let us know how you are all getting on or not.....its good to share!

As winter approaches I think I might have to train my dogs to walk on the treadmill LOL
Its been so windy and wet!

xx Chellesky

Replies

• lorrainesimba
    Options
    Hi all
    Had a bad week last week, just could not get the time, with evening watch and days as well . But i managed it today, did not get 5000 steps but close with 4203 3,6 km in 40 mins
    Phew happy walking
  • chellesky
    Options
    The wind howled all day long and the rain drizzled but we still managed to get out for our usual 2.1 miles walk doing our 5000 steps. Oscar & Eddy had a great time, the wind drives them crazier than usual and the chased each other for miles in the forest.

Hope everyone is having a good beginning to their week
    Looking forward to seeing you all checking in with your walkies.

X Chellesky

Happy Monday!

Ps well done Lorraine and Simba! x
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday to you all!!
    Today B & I walked 7.19 miles

Let's just say that I don't know who needs these walks more! She is my therepy and my "way out" of all the things I avoid at home. Shhh. don't tell my family.
  • Shybea81
    Shybea81 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've been really lazy/busy since last Wednesday and spent most of my time cuddling with my baby, hanging out with family, cooking and cleaning, the normal holiday/I actually get a day off stuff. Hoping to get back on track tomorrow morning with a nice long walk, I know the dogs are looking forward to it.

Hope everyone had a great holiday!

Happy walking!
  • lstnlondry
    Options
    hello dogwalkers!
    Today B & I walked 3.35 miles.
    If you are not having good weather, I will continue to take advantage of my weather for all of us!! It is cold outside but no rain yet.
  • lstnlondry
    Options
    Okay I can take a hint, we are a bit obsessive. I didn't mean to chase everyone from the group though!!
    Today B & I did 7 miles. Our morning walk consisted of walking & me pulling her while I attempted to run!! It was funny, asky my neighbors!
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Okay I can take a hint, we are a bit obsessive. I didn't mean to chase everyone from the group though!!
    Today B & I did 7 miles. Our morning walk consisted of walking & me pulling her while I attempted to run!! It was funny, asky my neighbors!

Good for you...you've got a great habit going! Keep walking for us. ;o)

I havent been able to walk the dogs yet this week. It's been super cold and rainy. Poor Bear someone how hurt his tail and he's been gnawing at it. Two days ago he had a full, fluffy tail. Now there's only a little fur left since his gnawing knotted it up beyond repair...plus we had to cut more just to see his skin on his tail. He's got a bald spot now (for ointment application purposes) and not much of a puff ball left. It's bandaged up and he hates it.
  • lorrainesimba
    Options
    HI dog walkers
    Happy Advent everyone :happy: we managed 35 mins today before it got to dark for Simba :noway: we was 5 min into the walk when i rememberd the pedometer:grumble: I did not want to go back for it but we had a good walk at a good fast pace to keep warm. cool and damp here maybe snow in the weekend :((
    Happy walking
  • lstnlondry
    Options
    i am so sorry to hear about Bear's tail!! Please keep us updated! Is it a tick or reaction maybe?

Today B & I braved the Big Fat Winds and walked 4 miles in one walk!!

Hope you all had a good one!
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Bear's got pretty bad allergies and he gnaws on himself when his allergies act up so he gets 2 allergy pills a day but even that just isn't enough sometimes. His tail "wound" is a result of his gnawing because of allergies. He's never gnawed on his tail before though. I got a look at it last night and it is looking a lot better. I left the bandage off and he didn't seem to be bothering it so I am hoping it will heal up quickly.

Your latest walk sounds like a good one.
  • lstnlondry
    Options
    Here is a copy of my blog-you may get a kick out of this! B & I walked 3.05 miles on Friday morning.

I knew I shouldn't have gone out
    I don't know if it is the crazy wind but lately my dog B is out of control! I had a weird feeling about going out today (ok, I was lazy).
    So B & I ventured out on our walk which should have been a hike but I set limits, (therepy needed) in other words, in nature. Suddenly she went crazy over a squirrel and got out of her collar. I stood there like a fool and looked at it in my hand and she ran 50mph after this creature.
    Then, I didn't see her anymore. But I knew about the part where the earth split and a creek raged (ok, exaggeration, but yes it was deep).  Sure as *kitten* she dropped into it!  It took me time to see her down below, I didn't know if she drowned, broke something or how in the hell to get to her!!
    I ran forever to get to a bridge and find her on the opposite side because it was a literal drop.  I called her and called her and thought "Oh my God, Oh my God"! But something clicked to say " I'm doing my best-I'm doing my best"....having just lost a dog I was freaking out!
    To almost make a long story short, I found a way down. All electronics on me (ipod, phone) and hearing my husband if I was to drop any of it in the water! I went down and sent her up. Then pulled my large frame back up.
    I wonder if I could have done this before my mud race? All is calm, all is bright & she is currently snoring on the bed.
  • lstnlondry
    Options
    Dear Bear's Mommy, my dog was raised on Benedryl! Of course vets are so quick to say that its a flea allergy but I've long suspected food and we have been experimenting with that.
  • chellesky
    Options
    Hi Happy Walkers

Sorry Ive not been around to see you all. I can see you are all doing brilliantly, whether making the walkies or not.
    I missed a couple of days this week due to christmas shopping and one day the weather was so bad the dogs looked at me like I was a crazy person when I said leashes on LOL
    The wouldnt go out the door, it was 80 mph winds and heavy sleety rain.
    Today Im taking the day off, recovering from the xmas crowds. Hopefully will get out tomorrow with hubby and make it up to the dogs then.

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend
    X Chellesky