looking for new foods to try

Options
hi I had surgery in June. I am getting tired of the same few foods. I'm looking for new recipies high in protien and easy to digest. I cook for my family but often can't have what they like. Noodles and spagetti are difficult. I avoid all pies, cake, cookies, candy and chips. Bread is ok if toasted well. Also some days I don't get three meals in and need an one the go meal. I drink all 10 calorie or less beverages, but I'm looking for something inexpensive and different from the crystal lite and Hi-C mixture I make. Thanks for ideas. P

Replies

• moebass
    Options
    I have taken a subscription to Mens health mag, there is also Womens health. I have started to use some of those recipes they are healthy and more protein than most I have seen. They emphisize fresh and healthy foods. Have you tries Quinoa? High powered grain that is excellent as a salad dish. I use it with chopped vegies and some balsamic. Sometimes the othere will just have to make dinner for themselves.
  • blakkandi
    blakkandi Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    There are tons of recipes in the Youtube WLS community. From different foods to how to make all kids of protein shakes. Go to pouchfriendly on youtube and you will find some there.
  • free2live72003
    Options
    I had WLS a year ago in Nov. and have found alot of great recipes on Bariatriceating.com. Hope this helps!
  • lisalady1
    lisalady1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i've found a couple great websites you might like. crockingirls.com and lifeaccordingtoeggface.com. the first is a great slow cooker site with lots of healthy recipes, the second is a blog by a woman that had bypass surgery. i have found some great recipes on pinterest. love that site. hope this helps.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    BaratricFoodie.com is also a great place for recipes.