tall girls with broad shoulders and no hips?

Options
inlander
inlander Posts: 339 Member
I think the body shape is called an "apple" but I may actually be considered a "banana" - I have no curves. I have no hips. I have no defined waist. The only reason why my chest measurement is so large is because of my boobs and under-arm fat. Does anyone else have a similar body shape? If so, I'd love to be MFP friends so we can follow each others' progress and see photos.

Replies

• Remarkable1
    Remarkable1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I do!! I always said I was a "carrot" shape... broad shoulders on top and tapered on down to my toes. Haha! :-) Feel free to add me!
  • rolliepollie087
    rolliepollie087 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I don't. I had a ten pound baby 4 years ago. That doomed my hips for life. LOL.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    A bit late to be replying to this post I suppose, but I am the same (no hips, small bum, thickish waist and big chest). I think the correct term is a "reverse triangle". I have major problems buying dresses as if they fits over the chest they end up being baggy across the hips. The up side is that I have slim legs and look good in jeans.
  • alikat5544
    alikat5544 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My friends call me no butt. I always joke if I could do a gut to but transplant I'd be set. :laugh: I'd definitely like to be friends, send me a request if you'd like.:bigsmile:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite. I have relatively narrow shoulders with big hips, big boobs, and small waist... classic hourglass, I guess, but my shoulders are more narrow, my arms are shorter, and my hands and feet are smaller than what makes sense for anyone my height.
  • Jazzyjules71
    Jazzyjules71 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I found my group! I'm the reverse triangle, carrot, whatever you want to call it. I have very wide shoulders, bigger boobs, large waist and not hips/butt. And very skinny legs. Friend me if you want!
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    My friends call me no butt. I always joke if I could do a gut to but transplant I'd be set. :laugh: I'd definitely like to be friends, send me a request if you'd like.:bigsmile:

My college roommate called it BIF--Butt-in-Front!
  • local5784
    Options
    My own father has dubbed me "sans butt" and likes to bring that up in front of other family members...I would be more offended but it's so true...
  • jagpie42
    jagpie42 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My friend referred to it as a Coke bottle shape. I'm so happy there are others like me. I should have been a leg model :) I told my husband if I ever had cankles I would have to weigh over 1,000 pounds. Of course by then, my boobs would confine me to a very large room. Unfortunately, my husband doesn't mind so much when I have extra weight because of where I gain it. I totally relate to the dress issue. I can't remember the last time I was happy with the way I look in a dress. Or a button up shirt tucked in...
  • Legally_Natural
    Legally_Natural Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yep, I am an inverted triangle. I have broad shoulders and a big chest but no hips whatsoever. And yes, I gain most of my weight in my stomach.
  • Arani70
    Options
    I'm not alone!!! haha, I don't really like my shape that much because I can't wear strapless dresses without looking like I have man shoulders! but I can't complain about my big boobs and long legs. I just wish I had some sort of defined waist and a longer torso!!!
  • iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    meeee :ohwell: I dont like it but im trying to tone everything up so I hope it will give me some sort of curves :sad:
  • vestarocks
    vestarocks Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    wow. I feel almost normal. I would love carrot friends. I would love to see before and afters of carrot successes.