Recipes

Options
I currently have physical limitations due to my back. How does one lose 2 pds a week when all you cn do it walk for 15-20 minutes. How do we get our mojo up and moving?

Replies

• econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I just joined your group because I am having the same problem! I have neurological problems which caused me to gain about 65 lbs in under a year. I walk with a walker and am having the worst time figuring out how to lose weight when I can't really exercise! Whatever I am doing doesn't seem to be working so I am unsure that I can really give you much advice ;-) but I have cut out most meat and substituted beans and it has cut down my calorie intake (even if that hasn't exactly translated to the scale yet!)
  • anitablankenship
    anitablankenship Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have physical weaknesses due to post-polio syndrome. It causes weakness of the muscles (partically arms and legs) due to the over-work of nerve neurons which affect mucsles through the years since the original illness of polio at age 5. I have lived a fairly normal life with slight weaknesses but now find myself experiencing more weakness in all extremities and am now using a cane for walking and balance.
    I would like to lose about 25-30 pounds in order to manage my weight in reference to my size and strength. I do little to no exercise due to the weakenesses so my only option is to reduce calories.
    I have lost 9 pounds by placing myself on a 1200 calorie daily diet. That's not much to eat through the day but have been somewhat successful. I generally lose about one-half pound per week on this 1200 calorie diet. I have cut out most red meat, eat some chicken and fish and lots of fruits and vegetables. I eat very little pasta and sweets as they really add up the calories. I do not deny myself any food that I want to eat but do try to arrange my day so that I can eat something that is higher in calories. If I go above my 1200 calories then I shake it off and work harder the next day to sta;y under 1200 just a little.
    This is not an easy battle but it is doable and will be a lifetime effort for me.
    If you haven't set your goals on this site you should. Go to tools and click on Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) calculator to see how many calories you need for your size to just stay alive. Then determine what your calorie intake should be. My BMR is 1450 so the system determined that if I chose a 1200 daily calorie intake I could lose 0.4 lbs per week and that has worked so far.
    Hope this helps.
  • anitablankenship
    anitablankenship Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    :happy: :happy:
    I have physical weaknesses due to post-polio syndrome. It causes weakness of the muscles (partically arms and legs) due to the over-work of nerve neurons which affect mucsles through the years since the original illness of polio at age 5. I have lived a fairly normal life with slight weaknesses but now find myself experiencing more weakness in all extremities and am now using a cane for walking and balance.
    I would like to lose about 25-30 pounds in order to manage my weight in reference to my size and strength. I do little to no exercise due to the weakenesses so my only option is to reduce calories.
    I have lost 9 pounds by placing myself on a 1200 calorie daily diet. That's not much to eat through the day but have been somewhat successful. I generally lose about one-half pound per week on this 1200 calorie diet. I have cut out most red meat, eat some chicken and fish and lots of fruits and vegetables. I eat very little pasta and sweets as they really add up the calories. I do not deny myself any food that I want to eat but do try to arrange my day so that I can eat something that is higher in calories. If I go above my 1200 calories then I shake it off and work harder the next day to sta;y under 1200 just a little.
    This is not an easy battle but it is doable and will be a lifetime effort for me.
    If you haven't set your goals on this site you should. Go to tools and click on Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) calculator to see how many calories you need for your size to just stay alive. Then determine what your calorie intake should be. My BMR is 1450 so the system determined that if I chose a 1200 daily calorie intake I could lose 0.4 lbs per week and that has worked so far.
    Hope this helps.