That BIG voice and thoughts of self doubt

Options
Yesterday afternoon I went for a two hour. Approximently one hour into my walk my body started to feeling sluggish and this little voice started to tell me that I couldn't walk another step, that it was too much work, and speaking other words of doubt to me. I am sure that many of you are familiar with that little voice that makes quiting sound so reasonable and easy. But, I agrued back. Telling the voice and my body that I was far away from home. That if I was so much in need of rest I still had to walk an hour back home. And that my walk would be shortenedd by ten or fifteen minutes if I turned back early. Not the fourty-five minutes that it was protesting to. The little voice reasoned that I could sit on the ground. I told the little voice that my sofa or my bed would be so much more comfortable than the asphalt track circling the park.

"True." It said. "Can we turn back, now?"

"Sure, after I walk to the stop sign."

The voice said, "Cool." And did a little happy dance.

It thought that I meant the stop sign at the corner (two minutes and fast approaching away) as opposed to the stop sign across the railroad tracks (fifteen minutes away and slowly approaching). As I walked passed the first stop sign and on towards the second I pulled my mp3 player out and said, "Let's listen to a podcast and talk politics." The voice loves to talk politics and listen to good music.

"All that a man achieves and all that he fails to achieve is the direct result of his own thoughts” - James Allen

"Self-doubt is the little voice in your head saying " You Can Do It!" and the big voice saying " I Wish You Would"...listen to the little voice” - Sean O'Donnell